Chapter 44

TW: Suicide. The suicides experiences talked about are based off my own while severely withdrawing from SSRI's. Please be understanding of other's feelings when talking about topics such as suicide. Thank you for reading almost 100 chapters of this adventure with me so far!

Everyone had gone small. It was hard to see, like I was looking through a shattered window. Many of the enemies ran away from the sight of an unpredictable creature.

"I knew it. I knew what I saw in that dungeon. I don't know what you have done to yourself, but you don't frighten me." Samuel yelled up to me with his fists in the air.

Orion had ran. I could not see him or the queen anywhere.

Samuel got on the back of his dragon and approached me.

The dragon and I were face to face. He let out a mighty roar. I could remember when Galen said that perhaps I could communicate to it, and how my connection could have been stronger than Samuel's.

"Alrepti!" Samuel commanded tbe dragon he was on to attack.

The dragon ducked his head and began to ram it into me.

Please. Please. Listen to me.

I called out to the empty void of my mind.

There were no other voices that could be heard. The dragon swong it's large head into my chest. I didn't want to hurt it.

I tried to remember any way to communicate with dragons in all the reading I did. But there was nothing that could provide use to me.

Please. Don't attack! Ne Alrepti! Please!

It was like the undead dragon was frozen again. It's body stopped moving. It's limbs were like it fell asleep.

"No! Keep fighting! Alrepti!" Samuel screamed at the creature.

Please. Don't hurt us. Ne Alrepti!" I called out to the void. The void responded by lowering its defense.

"What! No! No! Men, get out of here! Flamio!" Samuel said.

Please! No! Ne Fl!"

It was too late. The dragon blasted the beautiful throne room to hot flames. Soldiers ran from the castle.

"Next time, I will kill you, and your disappointment of a prince." Samuel said before kicking the dragon.

They flew out in the hole the dragon created. People were screaming and running out into every direction. My size and strength were no advantage to the large flames that gulped the throne room.

"Flamio Revisocutus!" I heard a familiar voice from the ground.

Galen stood, their arms raised to the flames. Blue streaks floated from their hands to the flames. It was almost like a thick smoke. It swallowed the flames with an airy gulp, before making them disappear.

They were safe for now, I told myself.

My head spun. I tried to remain in control of my heavy limbs, but I couldn't. I felt myself fall face first into the ground. My large head and body began to shrink over the bits of crystal and glass I was flopped over.

"Zander!" Was the last thing I heard.

It was several hours later.

I woke up alone. I could barley see, it was like poking through broken glass. I was laying down, barley any clothes on my body. My dragon scale in my chest was exposed. As was my stab wound. It had already been cleaned and dressed. The physical wounds were nothing I wasn't used to. For a moment, I doubted the effects of Samuel's mystery liquid.