Chapter 6

We immediately began to violently kiss the moment we stepped into his home. It was sloppy and wet, I enjoyed it so much. He began to nibble my ear and bite my neck. Samuel never did that. Samuel was gentle. Which is odd, considering who he was. He never loved me and had feelings for me, I thought. I reeled myself back in to the immense pleasure that was happening. His tongue was deep in my mouth, he swirled it around.

We began to strip off each other's clothes like hungry animals. I laid down as he sat on top of me. He pulled my hair and bit my neck. He bit all the way down my chest and stomach with light suction. It was a new sensation I hadn't felt before. I got chills. An intense tingle took over my body. I let out a breathy moan.

He yanked down my pants and my underwear and began to suck. I laid my head back in drunken pleasure, ready to enjoy all the pleasure the night had to offer.

I woke up the next morning, laying next to him. He was sleeping. My head pounded. The sun burned my eyes.

The sun!

I quickly jumped. I needed to go. I crept around his bed, searching for my clothes. I had to be as quiet as possible. I shuffled into my pants and clothes, and went out the door. Leaving Benjamin sleeping alone.

I didn't have time to wake him. I immediately booked it to the training spot to meet Johnny.

While I ran, I reflected on the events of last night. I enjoyed myself, and I hoped Benjamin did too. I felt a bit of guilt, like what I did was wrong. I couldn't explain why. King's don't have sex with strangers in taverns. But why shouldn't they? I didn't feel any strong attachment to Benjamin. I hoped he didn't either. I had never been with another man besides Samuel. I didn't want to be shameful of who I was, I wanted to embrace it and enjoy the company of men while I still could.

I rushed in to see Johnny, tapping her foot outside.

"You're late." She said impatiently.

"I know. I'm sorry."

"If you want me to train you, this can't happen everyday."

"I know. I'm really sorry. Won't happen again."

"Great. I noticed you didn't come back last night, must've had a busy night. Even so, be here on time."

I nodded in agreement. I shouldn't have been late, and I couldn't make excuses for it.

We trained until dark. She taught me how to dodge and block. With the season turning to spring, the sun set later. My body was exhausted. When I made it back with Johnny to her sister's house, I passed out almost immediately. I slept heavily, no bad dreams.

We ate in the morning and went to practice everyday. She pushed my body to the physical limit. She had me run, climb walls, and fight. Daniel trained hard to where he needed to be. She taught me sword fighting, how to shoot a bow, how to throw knives, even the proper way to ride horse back. I ran and worked out everyday on her command. One day she sent me to her friend on the edge of town to help with farm work. I was sore everyday. Everyday I felt like I was a step away from falling apart, but I reminded myself what I was there for. I reminded myself what I needed to win back before I'd have a chance of defeating anyone.

Johnny allowed me a day of rest once a week, sometimes two. I typically spend those resting my muscles and letting my body recover. Sometimes, when I was feeling particularly good, I would go to the taverns in town for a drink. I didn't see Benjamin again, oddly enough. Although, there were others. I spent several months in brutal training, a drink was a casual pleasure I tried to indulge in on occasion. Despite me having training the next day, I went and got a drink anyway at a different tavern uptown.

There was a man there. He was shorter than me, with a strong nose and curly hair. I didn't quite remember his name. He sat next to me at the bar. Conversation sparked. Drinking continued, as did our intoxicated flirtation. He asked to go back to my place, but I explained we couldn't. We went back to his, he warned it was messy but I didn't care. He was softer than Benjamin, but not as soft as Samuel. His kissing was alright. He didn't use any tongue, which felt like a major shame.

My body ached the next morning. I left early and swiftly to meet Johnny. I wasn't late this time, and I didn't wake him up.

The vigorous training made me more fit. I was not as skinny, and finally gaining muscle mass. My combat skills were getting better as well. The hard work was paying off. Time flew by, and by late spring my birthday rolled around. I was turning nineteen. This time last year I was preparing to be king, now I was just another commoner in a tavern, I thought.

I wasn't there that night to find anyone, I was there to wallow in my own sorrows.

I wondered how Mavis and her family was doing. I hoped she'd found a way to ditch Charles somewhere. I hoped her baby was healthy, and they were all happy. They wouldn't be suffering so much if I hadn't put them there. I ruined their lives, and got my parents killed. All because I was fooled by a man.

Just then, I looked up to see the back of him. The wavy blonde hair and muscular figure. He dressed in nice clothes. It was Samuel.