Chapter 60

"What the FUCK?"

I said after my head jolted towards the window.
Samuel was sitting in a chair next to the window. It was cracked open, allowing a cold breeze to enter.

Samuel sat in the chair, one leg over another. He held a glass half filled with a drink. He appeared more tired than the last time I saw him. Bags underlined his eyes, and a new line appeared on his forehead. He was dressed well, his small, braided crown rested on his already golden curls.

"Don't scream. Don't call for help. If you do, I will torch the palace." Samuel said without a worry in his voice. He set his drink down on a painted wooden table next to him. He had the fireplace lit. I had been too distracted by the vanilla debate in my head to notice the crackling of it.

I had hoped I was just imagining him. I hoped that Samuel hadn't really infiltrated the home of my family.

"Belmonte is beautiful in the winter, is it not?" He turned his gaze to the window.

"What the fuck do you want? Why are you here?" I reached for my dagger. His attention snapped back to me.

"Enough with the dramatics, Princey." He rolled his eyes.

I extended my arm and pointed it in his direction.

"Get the fuck out of here." I commanded.

"Put that down. Have a drink with me." He had a bottle and two glasses set up, one with his drink already in it.

"I'm not drinking anything you give me. I don't want your poison."

"It's ale, actually."

"Why are you here? Are you just here to fuck with my head? You told me the next time you saw me, you'd kill me!"

"Princey, you love to make me sound so evil."

"You ARE evil! You killed my parents!"

"Oh, yes. I forget about that. Pity." He tsked.

His words only fueled me with anger. My blood boiled.

"I will kill you. Without hesitation."

"Nothing but hostility. Why can't we just talk?"

"Why do I have to remind you of the ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE YOU HAVE PUT ME THROUGH? After all the humiliation and pain, you're really going to sit in my home and tell me you are here to exchange pleasantries?"

"Perhaps I am." He sipped his drink, I stepped closer to him with the dagger.

"Alright, fine. I am here to talk about a deal as well."

"Not interested." I said sharply.

"Hear me out, Princey. Or are you no longer capable of a civilized conversation?"

My stomach was so twisted I thought it was going to fall apart. My blood boiled in remembrance of all the terrible things he has done. Most recently, trying to torture Orion. I was the one who was tortured by him once again. Not to mention the attack on my family, and my kingdom.

"I have no desire to talk to you." I said firmly.

"Would you prefer to do other things?" He raised an eyebrow and flashed a crooked smile.

His boldness caught me off guard, leaving me silent for a moment. I had to remind myself how witty and charismatic he was. I had to be mentally sharp, I could not fall for any more of his tricks. I could not let myself be weak minded around him like I once was.

Samuel was evil, but he certainly was not dumb. I had to find out what game he was playing. Perhaps it was best to cautiously play along.

I lowered my dagger and put it in its case. I stuck it onto my belt, keeping it close to me.