Chapter 7

My heart stopped in fear. I lowered my head and looked at him again.

He turned around to talk to another man. I saw his face, it wasn't Samuel. This man had a flatter nose, and different colored eyes. He resembled Samuel, but Samuel was better looking. There was no denying that.

I couldn't explain why, but I wanted to talk to him. This is when I wondered how exactly you can tell when men are attracted to other men? What if he wasn't and I made a fool out of myself? I drank until I didn't care.

I went up to him at the other side of the bar. His friend had left and he was by himself now.

"Can I join you?" I looked at him. It felt like I was looking at a different version of Samuel. A softer version.

"I don't see why not. It's just me here." He offered a seat to me. I sat down to join him. I thought about the other men, what questions they asked me. The conversations we had. They were a bit of a blur, but I replicated it to the best of my impaired ability.

His name was Kyce. His personality was a lot different than Samuel's. He was quiet, but laughed a lot. He wasn't insanely cocky, or insanely handsome like Samuel. He said he was a traveler passing through. He seemed weary of talking about why he was passing through, so I avoided asking.

"Are you interested in men?" I asked.

"Am I what?" He put his drink down.

"I don't know how to know without asking." I explained, then let out a hiccup.

"Is it that obvious?" He laughed.

"Not necessarily."

"As long as you don't tell my father, yes. I am. I don't think anyone has ever outright asked me that. Bold of you, Lee."

"I'm about to get bolder. Do you..Do you want to get out of here?"

The next thing I knew we were kissing in the room of his inn. Our cloaks dropped to the floor. He ran his ring covered fingers up and down my body. I looked down at him. I saw Samuel within him. We laid on our sides.

"Can I.. Try something? Something I haven't done before?"

"Just don't kill me, alright?" He joked.

"Tell me if you don't like it, alright?" I said.

He nodded.

I rolled over and pushed him down on his back. I sat on top of him. I tugged on his hair and bit his ear. I whispered to him.

"Do you like that?"

He took my hand off his head. I was afraid he didn't like my aggression. He moved my hand down to his neck and placed it there.

I squeezed his neck gently as we kissed.

"A bit harder." He said.

I did as he requested. I tightened my grip on his neck as I reached for the buckle of his pants. I felt like I was choking Samuel. It felt good.

I had always been on the receiving side of penetration with men. I looked forward to giving it to the man. Giving it to Samuel.

The night was long and fun. The experience was riveting. I liked being both, the giver and receiver. I think I liked giving a little better, I never thought I would be a dominant person, I was always submissive before now. Exploring my sexual desires was an enjoyable experiences

I woke up the next morning early. He was sleeping on my chest. He let out small snores. Samuel didn't snore.

I carefully extracted myself from the bed and searched for my clothes. I couldn't seem to find my pants.

"Morning, stranger. Heading out?" Said Kyce.

"Sorry, I-. I didn't want to wake you. I have to get to work at sunrise. Mining life, you know? I mean, you probably don't know, but-."

Sober me wasn't a good liar.

"I understand. I should begin to head out of town too. Your pants are right here." He lifted up my dark pants from the side of the bed.

"Great. Thanks." I put my pants and shoes on. There was a silence.

"Well, it was nice meeting you. I hope your trip goes well."

"You too, Lee. Have fun at the mines."

Every time I looked back at him my heart skipped, for a split second I think it's Samuel. My heart goes back to normal when I realize it's not. I couldn't tell why. If it was fear, anger or desire. Every time a feeling of desire for him comes up I force myself to suppress it.

He killed my parents.
He killed my kingdom.
I have to kill him.

I went out the door of his room, leaving the awkward situation behind me. I made it on time to my lessons with Johnny. My head was cloudy that day, but she quickly snapped me back in. She disarmed me and knocked my sword to the ground.

"Distracted today?" She said.

"A little bit. But that's no excuse." I got back up and we battled again.

I improved significantly over the months. Johnny was an incredible teacher. She taught me different ways to kill somebody, where to stab, and how to slit throats. We practiced on bags of grain she had brought in from Darlington.

"The Belmonte kingdom, have they surrendered?" I asked, thinking of Mavis' family.

"Not that I'm aware of. Vendov hasn't came for them yet, they have a strong army. They can hold their own. Why? Are you thinking of your wife?" Johnny asked, as she propped up another bag of grain.

"Yes. She hasn't returned home, but I think she would be safer there." I said.

"I agree. Is Daniel with her?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Your majesty, with your permission, I would like to retrieve them and take them to Belmonte. I think it would be safer there for them than wherever they are hiding out from what you've told me."

"You'd do that?"

"Of course. Daniel is a dear friend of mine, and your wife is my queen."

"Thank you, they need all the protection they can have traveling to Belmonte. After my training is finished, I need to go to the library in Vendov."

"The library of Venus? You can't possibly go there." She said, putting her hands on her hips.

"I have to. It's the only place where I can learn to defeat the dragon."

"That is very close to the capitol city. There will be Vendov soldiers everywhere. If they see you, you'll be dragon toast."

"I know, but I have to. It's where Samuel learned how to resurrect the dragon, it's where I must learn to defeat it."

"King Zander, perhaps you can send someone to do it for you."

"I don't have anyone else. I have to do it. I will save our people."

She nodded.

"I trust in you. You're training is finished."

I was surprised.

"I'm. Finished? You think I'm ready?"

"I taught you everything I know these past few months. All you need to do now is practice. Practice on Vendov soldiers."

"Thank you. For everything. Please keep my friends safe."

She nodded in agreement. I gave her a short hug.

I left the next morning, giving thanks to Johnny and her sister for everything they had done for me. I took my horse and began to ride to the next neighboring kindgom, Vendov.