Leave us Alone

There the 4 kids sat, in the office of their school. They were all called down to get out early but none had no idea why.

"Anthony?" Leah reached over Willow to ask, "What?" He said, Willow pushed her younger sister off of her. "Ow! Anyways" she said rolling her eyes at her sister, "what are we doing here?" "I don't know?"

As they finished up the conversation a man walked in. "Hey guys." The man said, "Um hi." Anthony said, the younger ones too shy to talk. "I'm lonnie, your grandpa."

-----------------------

The kids piled into the car, Anthony in the passenger side, and the three younger kids in the back. "So I was thinking, maybe we could go out to eat then go to the mall or somethin?"

"Sure, but shouldn't Jojo and Charlie be in their carseat?" He said looking up at the strange guy who had claimed the tittle of being their grandpa.

"I'm sure it's fine, it'll only be for a few minutes." He said turning on the car, and the pre teen nodded and looked out the window.

"So what sounds good to you guys?" "McDonald's!" Charlie says, "ewwww nooo idon want McDonald's." His twin argues back. "How about that restaurant that daddy never takes us to?" Willow says and everyone looks to her. "Sure, do you remember what it's called?" Lonnie says, "umm something like, giggles pizza." Willow answers.

Leah cuts in, "daddy says it's too expensive." Anthony looks back at her, "yeah but.....daddys not here, is he?" "Uhh no?" "Exactly." He turns back to face forward in his seat. "Okay giggles it is." He says starting the car.

--------------------------------------------

They get seated and ordered their drinks, "So how do you guys like living with your mom and dad?"

"They're the best! Mommy and Daddy gets us everything we want!" Jojo says trying to take her jacket off before Anthony leans over to help her. "So how old are you all now?" "I'm 11, Willows 8, and Lucas and Leah are 4."

"Ah, so how's school going you guys any good at it?" "I'm not the best at it, 3rd grade is hard." She says sighing. Lonnie laughs a little but then moves his eyes over to the little boy leaning in the back of his Seat, coat swallowing him whole, glasses tilted on his face.

Reminds him of will, quiet, frail, probably queer. "So you don't talk alot do you?" He says to the littlest boy, "Lucas C'mon answer." The little boy looks up fixing his tiny glasses and shakes his head no.

--------------------

They get back in the car after they finish eating, "So do you guys wanna go to toys r us now and you can each pick out a toy or something?"

---------------------

As they pull up to the store they all get out of the car lonnie helps leah into the seat of the cart and lucas into the main part of the cart.

"Just keep it under 50 please." "And get something for your little brother and sister." "Okay." As they go through the store and each child finds what they want, Anthony picks out Kenner the dark night tec-shield Batman, Willow picks out polly pockets magical moving fairyland bluebirds playset, Leah picks out the cabbage patch fun bubble baby, Lucas picks out a dog stuffed animal.

"Thanks grandpa lonnie." They say in the checkout line. "Oh no problem kids, it's the best I could do."

------------------

"Jonathan?" Nancy says walking through the door into the living room to see her husband on the couch. "Oh hey Nance, where are the kids?" "I thought they were with you? I stopped by the school to pick em up and the principle said they had already left with a man I assumed it was you." "Well it wasn't me, you usually pick them up." Nancy goes over to the phone and dials in the number to their school.