Episode 20

A few years ago.

Nathan: Rey what are you doing here all alone? We have class right now.

Rey: Just thinking.

Nathan: About what?

Rey: Don't you ever wonder what's gonna happen in ten years? Or 20 years? When we are adults? Would we take different paths at that point?

Nathan: Your thinking too far ahead. What matters is what you do now. Our paths may be different, but our hearts will remain the same as they overpower anything that is done to our heads. It all depends on what you do now that matters. It can be something small. Something big. But it shows your overall character when those years of thinking come to play. Who knows? Maybe people will get to remember you in a new light for what you do right now, come 10 or 20 years.

Rey: Yeah but that's not what I mean. After middle school and after highschool. That's when our path well take a different turn.

Nathan: There will be circumstances that'll force us to become someone we're not. But all it takes is a leap of faith in the right direction once that opportunity reveals itself. And the right people to help you out. No matter how dire the chances are. Kaijus and Jaegers are one and the same in ways that people can't see. Their both giants. They both have weapons. But what makes them different is that Jaegers don't have hearts. Pilots are the ones who give Jaegers their heart. Kaijus were just born to be big and strong. They didn't have a choice when it comes to how humanity sees them. In some ways, Humanity is its own worst enemy. Which is why I want to become an inspiration of hope someday. To give the people a chance to stand up against their oppressors. To give them a reason to keep on moving forward. A reason to keep on living.

Rey: And that's why you and I are different. I'm not trying to be a hero just for the fame. But because someone needs to be a hero for the greater good..... Once we finish middle school I'm entering the Jaeger program. This we'll be the last year we spend together. I'll start living in the Shatterdome along side other cadet. It's good that I'm moving on in life. But it's hard to say goodbye to that one person who's family to me..... That's you dude.

Nathan: *Smiles* We will meet again. I can promise you that. After all.

He walks to him before putting his hand on his shoulder

Nathan: What are best friends for? Just remember to keep moving forward and one day. You'll change your heart to be better than what it is now in 10 or 20 years. Heroes don't start out with noble intentions. They need to learn and understand what their growth means for everyone around them in order for them to see what being a Hero means. Not for the fame. Not for anything else. It's to fight with everything at risk. Because you'll save someone's life by the end of it once you make that action. And with all the memories you make serving as your motivation to keep pushing your limit against all odds. Because those people are going to watch you put your life on the line for every life you want to save.

Rey: *smiles* Yeah. *Stand up* Well meet again.

Nathan: That's the spirit.

Rey: Watch I'll return with a crazy impossible shield that I can throw at people.

Nathan: Then I'll return with metal claws coming out between my chuckles!

Rey: Wouldn't that hurt?

Nathan: I'll need to build up an insane amount of pain tolerance to handle that. *Chuckles* Good thing, my dad's training is preparing me for something like that one day.

Rey: Hah! Then let's promise something. When we meet again. Well have a fight, to see how strong we became. Deal?

Nathan: Deal! Rock, Paper, Scissors on choosing where the fight is happening?