First Day of School

Deep sleep? What's that? Who knows anymore...
"Maddy! Maddy!" My mom was shaking me. "Get up! You have to get ready for school!" I took my covers and pillow and put them over my head. "First day, first impressions are key!" She said while exiting my room.

Today was my second day in Castle Rock, first day of freshman year. I wish I didn't have to move. I missed Idaho; all my friends and family. This was so dumb. I wanted to be home. My real home. I got out of bed and headed downstairs. Our house was a modern two story, it was old, but modern. I went straight to the kitchen and got a usual morning greeting.

"Good morning, my sweet little sunshine!" My dad raised his cup of coffee at me.

"Morning!" I wasn't happy. I opened the fridge to get the milk to have a bowl of cereal. I sat at the table and kind of ate a quick pace. "Anything exciting in the paper today?" I asked.

"Well, the missing kid report summarized." My dad was a cop. "I told you about the river. I don't want you down there. If I ever find about the reckless teens, man oh man.

"Oh." I put my bowl in the sink and ran back up stairs to search through my clothes. I took a pair of capris, and a blouse. I pinned my hair back and searched for a pair of sandals. I took my binder and walked downstairs. My mom drove me to school. She pulled up and I kissed her goodbye.

"Honey, have fun!" She said waving to me. "Make some new friends!" She yelled as she drove away.

I waved back. Make new friends? IT'S THE FIRST DAY! I looked around. Everything was big, but it was such a small town. I was walking inside the building as I saw four boys standing outside. The tall one was smoking, the one with glasses was giving the other fat boy a nuggie, and there was a brunette, I couldn't see his face because his back was to me. While I was staring, I accidentally bumped into someone and dropped all my stuff. The person walked away and laughed. As I was picking up my papers I saw a hand reach out in front of me. When I looked up it was the brunette. He smiled, but I panicked and took my papers from his hands. I shoved them into my binder and walked right around him.