Gordie Lachane, Gordie the Nerd

In my math class I sat in the middle row. I did the assignment on the chalk board. I saw someone scuffle passed me, when I looked - the brunette. He sat in the back row. On the back wall, there was another board full of problems. It was the first day of school and we already had big assignments. I had finished the front board and looked to the back. As I turned around, the brunette was looking at me. He smiled again. I quickly looked away. Was he staring at me before I turned around? Why'd he smile? AGAIN. He smiled again. Geez. Who was this kid?

He apparently was the smartest in class. He answered all of the questions. I had all of them right, I just didn't want to speak up. After class, I was walking out when I saw the brunette get pushed in the hall, then called a nerd. He dropped all his stuff and I just stared. Everyone started laughing. I did nothing. Why was I so scared to talk to him? I quickly turned around to try and avoid what just happened, but the same kid who bumped into me this morning had tripped me. I fell to the floor and papers went flying mixing into the brunettes. I quickly grabbed my papers. The brunette began to speak, "Hey, I'm sorry about that guy. He's just a..." I was already gone. I walked to English and saw the fat boy sitting next to Teddy. I took a seat by him and we started talking.

"Alright Vern, this Maddy. Maddy this is Vern. Our Fat boy." He said.

"Ugh, come on guys really?" Vern said. Everyone started laughing. "TEDDY! Isn't that the girl that Gordie..." He was interrupted by Teddy's hand covering his mouth. Teddy whispered something in his ear and slapped the back of his head. Teddy and Vern both looked at me and start dying of laughter.

"Boys, Maddy still hasn't met Gordie." Chris said trying to calm them down. "Do you want to meet him? You've met the whole crew basically. Just come to lunch with us."

The rest of class we finished our reading. Finally, it was lunch time. It was really loud in the lunchroom. I sat with the boys, but I guess Gordie never showed.

"Oh shit. Where's Gordie?" Chris stood up looking around for him.

"Who the hell knows. He's probably fighting for the country or doing chicks in the bathroom." Teddy started dying of laughter.

"Oh sure, Teddy." Come on let's go look for him. We walked down the halls looking for him.

"LOOK THERES GORDIE!" Vern said. I couldn't see him-the mysterious Gordie.

"Well no shit!" Teddy yelled. "Stand back men..." He said as started walking down the hall to the boys.

"Woah man." Chris said chasing after him. "Do you wanna get your self killed? You don't mess with those guys!" He said.

"I'm gonna get him out of there. Just hold your shit." All the sudden Gordie was pushed out in front of us. His lip was swollen and bleeding. He looked up at me and smiled. A tear rolled down his cheek. I stared at him. I didn't do anything. He still smiled at me...