Taking Hits

"Well what happened?" The boys all laid sleeping on one another.

"Last night........" Chris began his story and I visioned it all in my head and put myself in his shoes. ••••••••••••••••••••
"I was sitting in the living room playing cards and watching TV. My dad, was also watching TV and drinking. It was 1:15 and the phone rang. He answered it, a little on the crunky side.

"Who the hell do you think you are calling my house this late?!?" He yelled. He shot his head towards me and listened real carefully.

"How much? 5,000?!?!?" He dropped the phone and walked towards me. He grabbed my shirt and pulled me up.

"Boy! Who do you think you are?" I was stunned. I didn't know what was wrong. He slapped me across the face.

"Huh?" He almost fell over you could tell he was drunk. "ANSWER ME YOU SON OF A BITCH!" He spit in my face.

"What are you talking about?" I asked frightened to even answer.

He let go of my shirt and pushed me to the floor.

"You think you can do everything! Steal shit, smoke crap, and drink whatever the hell you want! You are your mothers child." He said grabbing another beer from the fridge.

"Dad I don't do that stuff! What about you huh?" I said. Eyeball just looked up at me.

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah what about you? You drink everyday and you smoke 4 packs a day!"

"You little bitch!" He started chasing me with his beer in his hand. I ran towards the door. I ran around the corner to Gordies back door. My dad was right behind me. I pounded on his door. I turned around and my dad had a pocket knife. He tried striking but I caught it with my hand. It sliced my hand open and I fell to the ground in pain and it was bleeding really bad. I started crawling away and crying. My dad started kicking me.

"Don't fuck with me boy! Tonight you can sleep in the garage! Don't you dare step foot in the house!" But I didn't even go to the garage. I sat outside the house until the lights in the house turned off. I snuck in my room and grabbed some clothes and money I was running away. I ran to the treehouse. Nobody but the squad knew where that was. I just cried all night in the corner. To be honest, I was scared shitless. I just fell asleep in the corner and woke up to you guys."••••••••••••

"Chris are you okay?!? Your brother was here...."

"Eyeball?"

"Eyeball is your only brother right?"

"Yeah, I guess. For sure Eyeball Chambers was up here?"

"Yes! He was! He was crying to!"

"EYEBALL WAS CRYING?!? Ahhh!" He said with some chuckles.

"He was, honestly!"

"Eyeball never cries!" He said.

"Well, he did."

"Oh shit! I can't go home! I will actually die if I do."Chris said screeching.

"Chris, we are going to find a way for you to go....." he interrupted me.

"No! I'm not going home! I can't! I don't need to get hurt again!" Gordie lifted his head off my shoulder slowly and opened his eyes a little.

"Chris?" He said.

"Yeah man?" Gordies eyes were wide open. He flung open his arms on Chris."Oh, hey Lachance."

"What the hell happened to you Chris?" I looked at Chris, I knew he didn't want to tell the story again so I helped him out.

"Oh hey Gordie, I'll tell you later."

"Okay. Chris I'm so happy your okay." He said putting his arm around Chris. Chris smiled. I was so happy to see Chris okay. He really took a beating. A busted lip, a black eye, and a cut open hand. I couldn't believe his dad wanted to hurt him. But where was Chris mom? Why was she in the light with Chris? There was too many questions but not enough answers.