Shatter Me

At this point I felt like passing out. Teddy and Chris were talking and split up from us. Vern walked over to me and whispered something about following Gordie then he winked. Gordie walked over and smiled at me. Oh man, did I really miss his smiles. I ran to him and hugged him, but I didn't feel his arms wrap around me. I looked up to see he was in shock. Holly was standing behind him in the distance.

"Um, what the hell are you doing?" He said letting out a nervous chuckle.

"You don't remember anything we had, do you?"

"Like I said before, I don't like you..."

"I Know! You don't need to constantly remind me. She just doesn't treat you right..." I felt anger growing inside of me. If I heard him say that he didn't like me once more, I would explode.

"You're really pissing me off! I can't even stand..." I stopped him before he could finish his sentence.

"Gordie, do not even dare say that you can't even stand me. Apparently you can't handle the truth." I was furious at this point.

"You know, you can't handle the truth. I don't like you. I never have and I never will. Get over it, and get over me. We're done here. This was obviously a waste of my time. What the hell, I'm going to get punch." He left and I felt terrible. I mean I really wanted Gordie back. Holly didn't even love him, she only wanted to make me miserable. I watched him walk away to her. He hugged her and over his shoulder, she smirked at me. Teddy then started walking over to Gordie. Teddy had his hands in his front pockets with a fast pace to his step. Chris put his arm around me and walked us over there. I stood behind Gordie. Teddy frowned, then smiled. I tapped Gordie on the shoulder, but he rolled his eyes.

"Here..." Gordie reached in his pocket, and pulled out a folded piece of paper. It was our story, with our final grade on it. It was 100%. A 100% on our short story that we had spent months writing. "I don't want this."

"Gordie! Look at that grade!" Immediately my anger was lifted of my shoulders. I was finally happy. Memories of us in the treehouse flooded my memory. It was 100%.

"Maddy, it's not my work. I don't want it. It's all yours. If it's yours, I don't want it. Fuck writing, I'm over it." He was angry. I saw Holly reach her hand onto his shoulder.

"Gordie! Don't say that! You love to write!" I tried to cheer him up. That's all I ever tried to do.

Gordie went silent, but Holly got up in my face. She then said to me,"Wow, look at this nerd! I can't believe you're trying to get Gordie to love something he doesn't. It's almost like when you tried to get him to love you, but that didn't work." Everyone laughed. Everyone began to chant "N-E-R-D!"

Over the crowd, Gordie was screaming to me, "Fuck you! Don't send Chris and Teddy over here to talk to me. I never loved you. Not even as a friend..." I went silent. My heart had shattered. I was choking up and tears began to roll down my face.

"That's all you can say to me?" Gordie didn't even move. I looked at Holly as she was enjoying her show. "Would you like a refreshment?" I grabbed a cup and threw it at her white dress. As I was walking away, Teddy grabbed my hand, Chris called my name. "Let go please..." I stormed off with our story in my hand. I couldn't take this anymore, I had to leave, but I wasn't going home...