Secrets about Gordie

Chris was a real quiet kid in class. I mean I don't know him, but he almost has this vibe about him. Even if his friends were here, I have a feeling he'd still be the quiet one. It was the vibe. He didn't do his work, only twirling the pencil. I'm not sure why, but he kept glancing at me.

"Um, is everything alright? I know you said you've never sat by a girl, but have you're acting like you've never seen one..."

"I'm fine! I'm just thinking cause you said Teddy. Did you meet THE Teddy? There's no way, it's my Teddy. He would've sent you to the wrong class...on purpose. He can be an asshole. "

"Yes, we stood at the lockers. His is actually right next to mine. I don't mean to sound rude, but he's a bit unusual..."

"Well, I grew up knowing him. He's different. We love him. He's got enough energy for the whole group."

Wait. Did he just say group? The four boys! They were a group. They must've all known each other. Mrs. Latally kept glancing at us, especially at Chris. He finally picked up his pencil and pretended to write down some bullshit. I pushed my paper towards him and started to copy my answers.

"Um, who's Daisy Raymond?" I asked. I started thinking about his ear.

"Oh god. So Daisy, she's the biggest hoe. She used to be the most innocent. She got caught up with my brother and his friends. For only being a freshman, she's got a body count of 10. I'm gonna assume again, Teddy and his ears?"

"Oh. This isn't anything new? Teddy has his ear covered and said he wouldn't show me since we just met. Did something happen?"

"Yeah, when he was a kid. He cares too much about it, poor kid. It's not a big deal. You don't even notice it anymore, just looks like a birthmark. He might eventually tell you the story himself. His dad almost burned it off..."

"Wow. Poor kid is right" I started thinking, his hair was a bit shaggier. Just a little longer. Maybe to hide it.

"I'm gonna assume something again - you're new. You still haven't told me your name, but you know mine. Makes me a tad bit uncomfortable. We can't be friends if I don't know your name..." Wait. He said friends. Did he say friends? I was finally gonna have friends.

"Right! Hi, I'm Maddy Black. I just moved here from Idaho."

"Oh boy, Idaho you say. Well Maddy, it's very nice to meet you. I'm.."

I interrupted him and finished his sentence "Chris Chambers." I reached out to shake his hand, but he looked confused. His palm was facing upwards. Oh, a high five? Before I smacked his hand, he grabbed my wrist. He slid my palm over his. What the hell was this?

"Maddy, if we're gonna be friends - we don't shake hands - we skin it, partner." Wait, skin it? What the hell is a skin? "Wait, I recognize you! The girl who Gordie has said..." He stopped. "The girl that dropped her papers! Ah, that's right. My apologies."

"Chris, did you just say Gordie? Who's he?"

"Oh never mind."

"You just said that I was the girl; then something Gordie!" He didn't respond, he only laughed.

Who the hell is Gordie? What's a skin? Geez. It was only first hour and I was already being gossiped about by a boy I didn't even know!