Stabbing Me To Death "If I would have let him kiss you, just imagine you two."

I saw her, everywhere I went. I was walking along the dusty dirt road on the way him and her approached me. She pulled a knife and Gordie appeared behind her. I fell to my knees and started crying.

"Here, Gordie you can take the first stab, I'll take the other nineteen."

"Nineteen? Gordie, please don't do it, remember how much you we liked each other. Remember we were best friends?"

"We're not any more though."

"But why forget?"

"Come on Gordie!" I started balling and ran down the road they chased after me. I kept looking back, and had no idea where I was going. Her sentence kept running through my head like a broken record. I just kept running and tripped over a big rock and fell on my face. Holly dragged my feet and Gordie was about to strike but a loud beeping sound came from somewhere.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"AHHHHHH!" I was panting and crying. I was awake, in my bed. I touched my body and bed to see if this was real I was awake, they didn't kill me. But why would they? I started crying and breathing heavily. My mom ran down the hall, all dressed for work putting in her earrings.

"Honey, are you okay?"

"Yeah mom..." She walked towards me and knelt down by my bed and put her hands on my knees.

"What's wrong baby?"

"It was a dream, a REALLY bad one too."

"Well, it's only a dream." She said standing up winking; walking out the door.

"I'm not so sure mom...." I dragged my self out of bed and got dressed. I freaked the whole day. The scary part was that I walked to school by myself today. The whole day I stayed alert, and freaked for no reason. I didn't even talk, not a peep came out of my mouth. I felt like I wasn't living, I didn't even look around. Teddy and Vern tried to figure out what was wrong with me but I couldn't say. It would make me break into pieces, and then I would feel like it for the rest of the day. What happens if that wasn't a dream? Abraham Lincoln dreamed his death too, what if I was doing that to? Even at lunch, I didn't eat a crumb and I skipped lunch.

"Maddy, what's wrong?"

"Chris, I don't want to talk about it."

"Man....I don't like this sincerely." Vern said looking at Gordie.

"Verno, none of us do." Teddy said.

"Come on, you can tell me." Chris said.

"Yeah no big deal." Vern replied.

"Just let it all out, you can say whatever is bothering you. Its okay we understand..."

"TEDDY! JUST STOP!" I stood up as fast as I could and bit my lip. I didn't mean to snap like that. He stood up to and just looked at me and walked away. "Teddy, I'm sorry....I didn't mean to snap like that."

"Then why did you?" He said walking away.

"Come here Maddy...." Chris and I walked out of the lunchroom and sat up on the wall. "What's wrong?" I told him everything and every little detail and told him to tell the boys so that I didn't need to feel crappy again. "I have something to ask...."

"Yeah sure anything."

"Do you really have feelings for Gordie? Like REAL feelings?"

"Yes, I do. Why?"

"Well, at the drive in he was going to kiss you. I saw you were confused, so I interrupted. It's all my fault your having these dreams and that he is with Holly. If I would have let him kiss you, just imagine you two."

"Chris, I don't think he was going to."

"Okay, whatever. Let's go back inside." We headed back to class and Chris told the boys. Teddy gave me a hug and sat by me during class. We goofed off the whole time though. Gordie was shattering my heart, soul, and my thoughts. We honestly stopped seeing each other and I think this would be for good because of my dream. Almost everyday me and the boys would go to the treehouse. Gordie never came.....we were his past and never again his future.