Blood

A body leaned over the door and jumped down. It was Eyeball. He was crying and blood was on his hands. Nobody had ever seen Eyeball cry before. Eyeball looked at us all and ran away through the woods. Teddy and Gordie came running out of the trail watching Eyeball go by. There faces were in shock, Eyeball was the tough guy. We heard rustling through the woods. Eyeball was at the path he looked at all of us and said

"I'm so sorry guys." And he vanished again. I stood there looking up there. No one knew what we were going to find up there, not knowing who was up there. I slowly went up the ladder, with tears rolling down my face. I closed my eyes and went up the last step. I opened my eyes and saw something, horrifying, sad, and depressing.Chris was sitting in the corner with a blanket over him and he was sleeping. There was a trail of blood and his hand was wrapped up. I didn't know what to do, I got up and quickly made it over to him. I sat there and hugged him.He didn't move an inch, he was barley breathing. I just broke, tears were rolling down my cheeks, I was sobbing. Soon enough I heard the boys fighting trying to get up the ladder. Was Chambers really dying in my arms? The boys all were stunned looking at there there best friend dying. Especially Gordie, he didn't know what to do. He looked at me.

"Gordie....you can cry too...." I said. Gordie just looked at me and crawled over to Chris.

"Chris" He whispered in his ear. "Come on Chris, it's your best friend Gordie. I know you want to see me. You knocked on my door last night. Remember?" Everything was silent. No one moved or talked. Everyones eyes were watching Chris. We had to have been there for about an hour before anything happened. Chris's head was in Gordies lap and I sat next to Gordie and he put his head on my shoulder. Vern and Teddy just sat there. I didn't know what Vern was going to do, he was breathing very heavily and kept blinking really fast. Teddy had his head down and was scrapping his nails. We all waited for Chris to do, just simply something.

"Teddy." Gordie said while Teddys head shot up like a bullet. "Go down there and get our backpacks. There's another blanket, a first aid kit, umbrellas, food, and I think a deck of cards. Gordie stroked his head. Nothing was happening to Chris. It stared to rain again. Vern stood up and closed all the windows. I Sar there watching Gordie in pain. I know he wanted to cry, he was holding them back. Teddy put the bags in the corner and took out another blanket and put it down to sit on. Chris was moving a little. Teddy put the first aid kit by me and I took the wrap off Chris. His hand was cut really bad, he looked as if he needed stitches. I took an alcohol pad and wiped it off. He twitched but didn't awake. I took a cloth and applied pressure. The bleeding slowed down but the cut was really bad. I put some cream and a big bandage over it and again I wrapped it up. Eventually it was noon and still no response from Chris. He didn't do anything all day and it was storming outside. Everyone huddled up with Chris in the middle. We all covered our selfs with the Blakey and fell asleep. I was dreaming, something I haven't done in a while. Chris was in the light and talking to his mom. He looked over and walked to me. He hugged me and said I'm herehe pushed me. Someone was pushing me. I awoke, and right in front of my eyes was Chris. He looked like he was sick. I took the Blakey around me and gave it to him. He just layer there, with marks on his face.

"Chris, what happened to you?" I asked.

"A lot did Maddy......" He said.