She is One of Us

Everyone was jumping up and yelling and patting each other on the backs. I wanted to jump up to but I couldn't. I felt empty without Gordie there beside me.

"Anyways, how's that story?" Vern asked. Teddy left the treehouse for a second.

"Well, I already finished it today."

"Read me a chapter please!" He said.

"Maybe later, lets go down there and play cards."

"Okay!" We left the tree house with Chris still up there. Teddy was already down there drawing in the dirt with a stick. Vern dealed the cards  and Teddy joined us. We sat below the far window and chris threw rocks and other crap at our heads.

"Chris! Stop throwing damn little rocks at our heads!" Teddy yelled at him. I threw them back him and smiled.

"Bombs away!" He yelled.

"Oh Shit!" He yelled.

"What?" We all said from down below.

"Oh no! Gordie is headed our way! And he has..." We all said it the same time.

godie

"HOLLY!" I turned my head and saw him. I bit my lip and smiled \. teddy grabbed my shoulder s I was in the moment. He shook his head.

"Yo! What the hell are you guys doing? Get your asses up here now!" We did as Chris commanded. Vern tripped on the ladder and Gordie was turning the corner.

"Vern! Hurry!" Chris said from above. Why were we running from Gordie? I thought we wanted him back. Was it Holly who we were running from? Chris opened the trap door and we all climbed in. He quickly shut it and locked it. We all laid on the door and heard Gordie talking and pounding on the door. They pushed really hard on the door. They had left and we waited for a while before opening the door. Chris said it was all good so he opened it.

"Hey! Holly look! I knew someone was up there!"  Teddy quickly shut the door and locked it.

"Teddy, come on! Let us in!"

"No! I'm not gonna do it! No girls a aloud!"

"Well Madelines up there!" He said back. He wasn't even calling me Maddy.

"She's one of us! Holly is not!"

"Whatever!" Gordie said. Chris ran to the window and stuck his head out and yelled

"Stop falling in love with that chick! Your real lover is up here!" Gordie flipped off Chris and I covered my face. But maybe I was his lover.......