Party Invites

I got down from the roof and sat back in the chair. I just sat there and relaxed and heard the secret knock on the trap door. I unlatched it and the three boys stood there looking up at me and smiling they had cokes and a deck of cards in there hand. I smiled, because I was really happy they were there to keep me company. They came up and they all got comfy. We played cards and drank coke for a while till a knock was heard on the door. Chris and I moved our table over and opened the door, it was Gordie. I turned my back and secretly bit my lip in the middle of my smile and crossed my fingers. Gordie actually came!

"Gordie...I thought you..." I began

"Yeah, we had some time left and then I thought of what you said and plus Chris wasn't home so figured y'all would be here..."

"Y'all?" I asked. Oh Chris finally got to go home, and him and his dad have been getting along okay I guess. But I never figured out where his mom was...

"Oh sorry! You all...whoops." He said with a chuckle. Everyone just stared at him in confusion. Since when did he start saying "y'all"? Where did he hear that from? Vern leaned over to Teddy and whispered something and Teddy laughed.

"Guys! Let's play truth or dare!" Vern yelled. I knew this wasn't going to be good if them two were laughing. We all sat and Teddy asked first. I always said truth...no matter what.

"Maddy...Truth or Dare?" Teddy said.

"Truth.."

"Have you ever had your first kiss?" I looked at him like he had four eyes.

"Like you don't know....."

"No, honestly...you never told us."

"You..." I whispered. Everyone looked at Teddy.

"What?" He shrieked.

"You did kiss her...." Vern said.

"Really Verno?" Teddy punched his arm and whispered out loud. "Vern, I told you before I even did it."Chris and Gordie's mouth dropped to the floor and they shook there head.

"Chris, truth or dare?" I asked.

"Truth!" He said.

"Did you think I was weird when I sat by you the first time in class?"

"Yes and No" he said laughing. I laughed too.

"Teddy, truth or dare?" Chris asked.

"Dare!" Of course he said dare.

"I dare you to kiss Maddy again!" Chris said. Everyone shook there heads no. "It was a dare......" I closed my eyes and Teddy walked over to me and kissed my forehead real quick. He walked to his seat.

"I'm sorry Mads....." He said. Gordie shot a nasty look at Teddy. Gordie always called me that but I don't know why he was getting mad when he hasn't called me that like in forever. I felt like we were losing what we had together.

"It's okay."

"Vern, truth or dare?" Teddy asked.

"Truth!" He said.

"When was the last time you pissed your pants?"

"Uh..last night...."He whispered.

"What?!? Really?!? Why?!!" I said.

"My brother, took a bowl of hot water and dipped my hands in them while I was sleeping." Everyone just burst out laughing.

"Alright!" Everyone laughed continuously. "ALRIGHT!" He yelled. "Gordie, truth or dare?" He asked.

"Uh, I guess I'll take truth." He said laying down his set of cards but not even paying attention. He fixed his hair and laughed.

"Gordie, do you have a crush on Madeline?" His smile quickly went away, he stared at Vern. I slid in my chair and covered my eyes.

"Are you serious?" He said in a tone.

"Yes, Gordie....." Vern said rolling his eyes.

"Really....?" He said. He shook his head.

"So, what's your answer?" Vern asked slamming his hand on his deck of cards.

"I mean, he told me he did." Chris said.

"We both liked her so we made a deal we wouldn't ask her out..." Teddy said

"Guys, I have to go. My parents want me home for dinner. I'm late anyways..." He said packing up his things and leaving four birthday invites.

"But, Gordie!"

"No Vern really!" He said unlatching his trap door. He went down the ladder and I followed.

"Gordie! What's your answer?"

"Well, I did but I really really like......someone else."

"Who?" I asked.

"Holly."

"Oh, cute couple." But I lied. I really wanted to tell him but I couldn't. I went back to the treehouse and the boys shook there heads.

"What?" I asked.

"It's a party, for Holly." Vern said frowning.