Smiles

I sat in my seat and waited for him to walk in the door. Butterflies were in my stomach. I wanted to switch seats because I was being an asshole the whole day. I was getting distracted from my story.

I was sitting by the phone waiting to get that call. All I wanted to know was if they had found her, or her body. I was crying and praying that she wasn't killed in the....

"Hi. Hey. Hello?"

"Oh Sorry, Hi." I said staring down at my paper.

"Hi, I'm Gordie. What are you doing?" I looked up. It was Gordie. Little did I know...

"Oh, I'm Maddy. I'm just working on my story. How about you?"

"Well currently, all I'm trying to do is make a new friend." He said as he smiled. I smiled back.

"I'll be back." I said. As I stood up, I accidentally knocked over my binder and my story papers flew everywhere. Gordie hopped off his chair and helped me pick up my papers.

"You know, you need to stop dropping your things."

"Ok, I'll try to get a grip." I said as we both laughed. He picked up one of the story papers and he began to read.

"This is really good!" He said.

"Well, thanks!"

"Hey, maybe later today we could go to my treehouse and work on some stuff. Would you like to do that?"

"Sure! Sounds great!"

"Okay walk with me after school."

"Okay!" I was really excited. I got to hang out with Gordie and write! The best combination...