Chris

I didn't want to tell anyone but I thought I knew were I could find Chris. In the treehouse. Nobody but us knew where that treehouse was. We didn't tell anybody. Chris would either be dead somewhere, in the treehouse, or at home in the garage. Sometimes Chris's dad would kick the boys out of the house and they would sleep in the garage on the floor. I felt so bad for Chris.

"Guys lets split up." Gordie said. "I'll take Maddy. Teddy go with Vern."

"No, I'll take Vern. Teddy go with Gordie." I said. We split up and Gordie and Teddy went to Gordies house to get some supplies. Me and Vern headed towards the woods when Teddy yelled out "WAIT!" School buses passed and kids were running down streets. Me and Vern ran back to Teddy.

"Here." he said handing us a flashlight and a walkie talkie. He ran back into the garage and brought out a small knife.

"Uh....Teddy....." I said.

"No way! No way Teddy!" Vern said.

"VERN! Maddy take this, for defense..."

"Okay......" I said. Me and Vern ran back the wooded area. There was a faded trail, covered with soil and air dried leaves. We looked around so no one would see us and easily find our treehouse. The coast was clear so we ran the trail.

"Uh, ah, Maddy...." Vern began.

"What?" I asked jumping over a big log.

"What happens if Chris is dead?" I stopped running and was gasping for air.

"Well Verno, I really don't know...." I said. I kinda stood there and that let that question toggle my mind.

"IF he is dead, I highly doubt that Vern." I said running again.

"I mean what if he is all beat up from his dad."

"VERN! STOP!" All I needed was Vern to get me to think about a dead Chris. We were finally at the end of the trail. We hopped over a log and were about get up into the treehouse until our walkie talkie started going off like crazy.

"Teddy?" I said.

"Um, Um, I think Chris was here...."

"What?!?"

"There's blood everywhere." He said "There's a trail.....so look for blood."

"What about the rain? I think it might have washed away." Vern and I walked over to underneath the treehouse door because it was raining again. Rain was dripping on my forehead. Vern was looking around and then he looked at me.

"Did you hit your head?" He asked

"No, why?"

"There's blood on your head!" Another droplet hit my head. Vern looked up and another hit my head. We both made eye contact and started yelling

"Chris! Chris!"

The door flew open, only the person standing there wasn't Chris.......It was.....