<<>5<>>

Yoongi

I get out of the limousine and am greeted by the flash of cameras. God, I don't want to be here. The mayor walks in front of me with a big smile on his face, my mother right behind me. We walk on a carpet, cameras flashing and people yelling at us. They make us pose for five seconds and the mayor pulls us along.

"Be on your best behavior tonight or I'll make you regret it" he whispers in my ear as we enter the large room. He holds my arm tight, and it hurts.

"Yes sir"

"Go find Jungkook tell me everything by he says."

I walk off thankful to not be around him anymore. I hate him so goddamn much. Instead of going to find his boy crush, I go to the bar. I sit down and order a random drink. I didn't really care I just knew I didn't want to be sober for this.

"Here you go cutie" says the bar tender. I give him a mute nod and down the drink without flinching. He chuckles and goes to the next customer.

"I'll have what he's having" says a voice. I looked up and saw Jungkook next to me. Great.The bartender gives us drinks and he sits down next to me.

"Your father seems nice" he says.

"Good to know" I reply and take a sip of my drink.

"Did he do that to you?" Jungkook gestures to my face. I frown, then remember the fading bruise on my cheek. I shake my head and look away.

"Who did?"

"No one"

"Hmm...I find that hard to believe."

"Ok" I say, finishing the drink. I honestly didn't care. I wasn't trying by to convince him. I was trying to get drunk.

"Was it the people you were running from when you stopped traffic the other day?" He hums.I choke on my drink. He'd seen that? What the hell? He pats my back with a laugh. He looks like a bunny; I think while sputtering.

When I finally recover, Jungkook already had a sly reply. "I'll take that as a yes"

"Can you just fuck off?" I say and start to walk away but he grabs my arm, pulling me back.

"Are you ok? I saw you were like bleeding" he looks at me. I glare back at his big brown eyes.

"I'm fine" I say, thinking of the gash I had in my side and start to walk away but he follows me. God he can't take a hint.

"But I'm curious, what are you, fighting crime? In a gang? Are you a superhero?" His tone is teasing. I stalk to a wall and lean against it.

"None of your business" I say. "Why do you care?"

"Hey, see I'm curious" he leans against the wall next to me, notably taller. "Why the mayor's son is running around in rags and blood."

Good question. But a stuck-up rich kid I just met wasn't going to find that out. So, I don't respond glaring out at the mass of people.

"Do you want to be a politician?" He asks.

"No. Do you want to be an artist?"

"Not the way I'm doing it now" he takes a sip of his drink, tilting his head back. I watch. "Do you live around here?"

"No, I live in Seoul" I respond quietly. No fucking way would I live with my parents.

"Same. I live with my dad though."

"At twenty-two?" The money he had he could buy a whole fucking city. Was he just a daddy's boy? Weirdo.

"Not my choice"

"So leave"

"Trying" he responds, looking out at the people. "I should visit you sometime."

"Ew why" I set my drink down. He laughs at my reaction.

"You're interesting"

The same could go for him. He is a burnt-out artist. He just wanted an escape. I could see it in his eyes. He was tired.

"Good to know"

"Ohhoho look at that! My two boys!" The mayor walks over with a big smile. "Having fun? The auctions just about to begin! I want you both on stage with me!" He pulls us over to where everyone was sitting down in front of a stage which had works of my art being set up on the floor. We sit in some chairs to the side this was going to take a while.

"Here, Yoongi talk about how you're going to become a politician" the mayor says before getting up to start the auction.

"I'm not. I'm going to cut him off after this week" I say.

"Damn"

"What?"

"Just...you have a lot of courage."

"You should do the same" I respond. I'd heard about his father he wasn't a kind man. But he had the face of one.

"And this is Jeon Jungkook! The star of our show!" The mayor interrupted us. Jungkook stands and smiles as a spotlight is put on him, making him look like he was glowing. He smiled out at the group, looking like a bunny and his piercings shining.

"Alright let's get this show on the road!" The mayor chuckles. The room fills with fake laughs.The auction starts and I sit there absolutely bored out of my mind. Jungkook taps my knee I looked up at him. I'd felt him staring but I'd just been ignoring him.

"What?" I whisper.

"I want to paint you" he whispers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interesting...