<<>18<>>

Jungkook

It had been a few weeks and a lot of it had been spent at the hospital, catching up with Jin and Namjoon. But I'd also spent a lot of time searching for apartments, and I found a penthouse nearby that I'd settled for. I'd quickly moved in and settled down quickly.

I hadn't heard from my father and avoided the media. I didn't care what they were saying, I just needed to figure out what to do. I wanted to paint, it's what I'd always wanted to do and always done.

So, I'd set up one of the big rooms in the penthouse full of supplies but all I'd been able to do was stare at a blank canvas.

"Jungkook!"

I looked up, seeing Jin walk out of the doctor's office. Today was the day he got his boot off permanently and he was really happy about it. He'd been acting like an old man for the past few weeks, upset about how useless he was.

"Walking again? Impressive" I comment.

"Shut up" He laughs and swats at my shoulder. We head to the desk and pay before leaving. "I feel free!" He begins to run around the sidewalk. He'd insisted we walk here, just so he could walk proudly back home.

"Ugh it's such a long walk! Why did you make me do this?" I complained. He leans against my shoulder, resting an elbow on my bomber jacket.

"You should be grateful you can walk some unfortunate soul out there cannot."

"Stop lecturing me" I toss him off me and run down the street, he chases me. I burst into his apartment and locked the door behind me.

Namjoon looks up from the kitchen table, glasses sliding down his nose with a brow raised. A second later pounding on the door answered his unspoken question. "Let him in."

I sighed and opened it, Jin nearly falling onto the floor. He glares at me.

"You two are like children. Hello, Jin glad you can walk again?" He kisses Jin and I gag, walking to their fridge. They whisper in each other's ears I rolled my eyes and grabbed a bag of chips.

"What should we do with your new freedom, Jin?" I interrupt.

"Let's go to a party, my buddy invited me to one and I declined but--"

"Yes!!!" Jin exclaims.

"What kind of party?" I raise a brow. He looks at me with a mischievous smile.

"The fun kind"