<<>10<>>

Yoongi

I take a few breaths as I walk up to the auction. It had been a full day and I'd left my phone dead. I didn't want to talk to Jungkook, and I'd try to avoid him tonight. there was just too much going on in my head. I didn't know 

I wore something nice for the camera, a black dress shirt and pants that actually fit me. I walked past the press inside and sat down at a table, ready to ignore everyone.

I rolled up my sleeves, looking around it was a basic auction in a big room mainly with people sitting in chairs around a stage and chatting. I glance at my scars showing before scanning the room for Jungkook.

I see him enter. Well not really, but the people swarming the door was enough for me to escape to a back room.

I find myself in an empty kitchen. I plug in my phone planning to play video games the whole time and move to raid the cabinets. I find a bag of strawberries and jump on the counter, grabbing my phone.

14 miss calls from 263********

That must be Jungkook.

5 missed texts, 10 missed calls from Kim Taehyung

2 missed calls, 4 missed texts from Park Jimin.

4 missed calls, 6 missed texts from 'Hope'.

I sighed and opened a mindless phone game, but the screen then goes dark with the words 'Kim Taehyung is calling...' I accept and lean back against the cabinets.

"Oh my god guys it's Yoongi!" Comes a loud voice, Taehyung. My mood seems to lift by the sound of his voice. 

"He's alive????" Come another voice, Jimin and I rolled my eyes. Why was I friends with these idiots?

"Are you ok????" Another voice this one was Hoseok, or J-Hope as he insisted us to call him.

"I'm fine my phone was just dead" I eat a strawberry:

"For 32 hours and 25 minutes and 44 seconds???" Tae says concerned. Jesus Christ was he insane.

"I'm a full-grown adult I can do what I want."

"We were so worried! I had to stop Hope from calling the police!" Jimin cries.

"Seriously?"

"Anyways, what's been going on, meow meow?" Tars mood changes suddenly.

"Stop calling me that. Nothing really."

"Ooooo he lying!" Hoseok jumps in.

"What happened? Did your dad kick you out yet?" Jimin demanded. I honestly didn't want to tell them anything, but they wouldn't leave me alone until I did.

"I met the Jungkook guy and slept with him" I summarize. It sounded like a middle school band on a zoom call got unmuted on the other side of the phone. I wait a moment until they calm down.

"Details!" They started chanting.

"Ugh oh my god. Ok, we hung out a bit and then he like kidnapped me because I was running from YoungJae again and then we went to the museum, and I don't remember anything, but I woke up in his bed" I explain in a rushed quiet tone.

Again, with the band noises. I get a text.

263*******: where u at?

I ignore it and realize the band noises had died down. "So, are you guys like, together?" Tae asks me.

"No, I haven't talked to him yet" I responded, leaning back. I pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

"What the fuck how?" Hoseok demanded.

"My phones been dead for what is it? Thirty-three hours?" I retort.

"You need to talk to him he's like rich if you pull him, you'll be set for life" Tae says, and I hear the others audibly gasp in the call.

"Taehyung!" Hoseok says and I hear a yelp. Tae laughs.

"You really should talk to him Yoongi. How's your dad?" Jimin asks, tone timid.

"He's...fine look I've got to go I'll see you later" I say and quickly hang up. I take a deep breath of the cigarette and breathe out smoke. I didn't want to think of what my father did to me. I'd covered the bruises in foundation and tried to make it look natural.

He's probably be looking for me. I get up and snuff out the cigarette before leaving the kitchen and heading out to the auction.

"There he is, excuse me a moment" the mayor walks up to me. He smiles but his eyes glare at me.

"Hello" I say as he walks next to me.

"You have a lot of gut showing up here" he hissed.

"It's for your image" I rolled my eyes. He grabs my shoulder and makes me look at him. He's quiet. He's mad. All I want to do is leave.

"You better stop making those snide comments or I'll beat it out of you" he snarled.

"Good luck with that"

"You—"

"Oh hello! Can I steal your son for a moment?" Says a voice and I looked up to see Jungkook. Of course, he was here.

He wears an all-black suit with his hair slicked back showing his undercut. He looks good.

"Ah of course I don't need him anyway" the mayor pushes me towards Jungkook. I glare at him as he stumbles away.

"Let's leave this shit" I grabbed Jungkook's hand and pulled him out of the building. The air is cold outside, but I just keep walking pulling Jungkook behind me. And he lets me, not saying a word. I think that was better or else I would've snapped at him.

I finally stop at the docks and sit down, glaring at the waves.

"I have so much I want to ask you" he sits down next to me.

-------------------------------------------