Chapter one: the Handler

"Everybody get up!"

A far too familiar voice boomed throughout the prison, the bone-chilling noise bouncing off the cold empty walls. There had been a peaceful silence just a few minutes ago, the only form of peace we prisoners got. Now the sun had risen even as there were no windows. The dim lights had flickered on, and soft voices began speaking to one another.

I slowly stirred in my sleep at the corner of the large cell, my brown eyes fluttering open. I sat up on the hard, funny-smelling item my cage mates called a bed and stretched my body. My lips were dry, so I found myself licking them.

I looked around, ensuring that The Handler had not arrived yet.

He wasn't there... thank goodness.

I stood up and combed my dirty fingers through my tangled up light brown hair, all while looking around the cell I had been forced to stay in for the past couple of weeks.

After nineteen years of managing to hide from these monsters, they finally caught me.

I hope that the others ran away unharmed.

There were a few other women in the cell with me, all appearing to be the same age as I was. We all had been forced to wear the same worn-out, smelly shirts. The cells were frostbite cold, making the thin fabric pretty much useless. Asking for more clothes was not an option. The punishment was great for those who tried.

"There's a few customers waiting to buy! Freshen up and line up outside!" The Handler shouted again, his thick boots echoing down the hall as he approached. He stared inside each cell that he passed, and I quickly scrambled to freshen up before he could get to mine.

There were around fifty cells, each with a locked metal gate and cold iron flooring. All cells had one toilet and sink, nine or eight small bean bags for sleeping, and a few plastic bags that contained lingerie for whenever a customer arrived. A single cell held ten or eleven females.

Each day, five or six women were removed from this prison and sold to rich supernaturals for a hefty price.

We were a rare kind as most humans were in hiding after the supernaturals took control over the world.

"Good morning, everyone." I greeted my cellmates. I looked around as I heard soft and tired greetings back. "Morning, Laelynn. How are you feeling today?" My friend, Helena, asked me. She sounded more confident than the rest. You could tell that she was used to this place.

"I'm okay, just tired."

I picked up the black bag, digging inside for a bra and panties. It was unsanitary for us to be sharing underwear, but The Handler never cared about our sanitation. He would much rather let the buyers deal with it.

Many things had changed drastically for the humans on earth. At one point, just centuries ago, humans were at the top of the food chain. They could roam the earth and do whatever they pleased to all that grew and lived on it. Then, before anyone could even do anything about it, that power was snatched out of their grasp.

"I want to get out of here." I heard a girl mumble to her friend.

Out of nowhere, supernaturals had surfaced up on earth, killing and discarding any human they came across. They took over the whole world in just the span of a week, forcing whichever human that remained to go into hiding underground. The men are enslaved, children are killed on the spot. The women are worth a fortune.

"Ten seconds, ladies! Or you're getting the whip." The Handler called out for the last time, his voice oozing with irritation.

The Handler was a vampire, and we all knew that it was a bad idea to keep his kind waiting. It often led to a brutal punishment, the worst one being hanging while getting the metal whip.

I quickly yanked the dirty shirt off and slid on a deep red two-piece. It was expertly made with lace. Too bad it was a bit dirty.

I rushed out of my cell while attempting to brush my tangled hair.

Me, along with nearly a hundred women, walked down a passage in a straight line, heading to a familiar lunch hall. Well, it used to be a lunch hall. All of the tables and chairs had been removed from the area. There was no food served in there. It was just a space used to fit all of us in one area.

"Everyone must be on their knees and lower your heads. You will only look up when told to." The Handler, who I learned is named Zachary, instructed us. It was standard procedure. Customers were more likely to buy us if we were in a submissive position.

Supernaturals had strange kinks.

The Handler walked out of the lunch hall for a few minutes, walking back in with his first customer of the day. I kept my head lowered, so all I could see was a pair of shiny black dress shoes walking alongside Zachary's blue sneakers.

"So, as you can see, we have a wide range of human delight for you. From ages eighteen to thirty. All skin types, all body types. Name it, I'll give it to you." He said, speaking as if we were some products on display.

I guess we were.

"You have any thicker ones, similar to this?" The customer asked with a scratchy voice. He pointed at one of the girls, a beautiful brown woman with a body that would make a man cream his pants with just one glance. Zachary smiled in triumph. He knew that he had won now. He nodded and quickly led the old looking male further into the room.

"This one is stunning," the customer rasped out, running his hand through one of the girls' hair. "You say she has a twin sister? I'll take both of them."

"Twins aren't cheap, especially such beautiful ones." The vampire Handler said with a smirk. "Perhaps you could just take one?"

"It would be cruel of me to separate twin sisters. I don't mind taking the second one, and money isn't a problem." The customer replied, pulling out a checkbook. Zachary and the creature talked about the pricing. My eyes widened when I heard the cost.

They were worth a sports car!

I wonder how much I would cost.

Probably a penny. My curiosity will probably kill me before my time is up, decreasing my price and lifespan.

I've also been known to make pretty foolish decisions.

How else did I end up here?

Curious, as always, I slowly looked up at the customer. This one looked weird. He was short, chubby and his skin was green.

Helena, who was kneeling next to me, glanced up as well. "Ogre... Nastiest creatures you'll ever meet."

I stared at the ogre, my face scrunching up in disgust when I saw it oogling at its purchase, drool dripping from the corner of its big lips. I hope I never get sold to something like that.

The double doors of the lunch hall were flung open, one of Zachary's employees hurrying inside. We all looked up in shock, not used to the interruption.

"Boss-" the much younger vampire started, shutting up when Zachary spoke.

"What did I tell you about interrupting me and my customer? He was just about to pay." He asked with gritted teeth. The ogre also looked irritated at the interruption but didn't speak, deciding to just poke and grope his new twin toys.

"Sorry boss, another customer just arrived. I would not want to keep him waiting any longer."

The Handler rolled his eyes. This was not the first time that a customer had to wait for another to finish. What was so special about this particular buyer?

Zachary turned around and waved his hand to dismiss his worker. "Tell him to wait. I'm finalizing the price here."

The younger vampire looked back at the door, seeming to be scared of doing what he had been told. He looked back at the two supernaturals, "There's just a small problem,"

"It's not just any customer, you see. It's the second in command of Lord Ries... The lord of the Fallen."

Hope you enjoyed
Vote| Comment |Share