Chapter twenty seven: freckles

Laelynns point of view

I couldn't actually believe that I was back in this nightmare.

Back to being locked behind rusting prison bars like some sort of criminal. Being deprived of water, healthy food, and sanitary products. It was absolutely horrible.

It almost seemed like a nightmare until I felt Zachary roughly push me inside one of the cells. The lock clicked behind me, making me snap out of the surprised daze I had found myself in. The nightmare immediately became a harsh reality.

I turned to look at the vampire, and he blew me a kiss before chuckling and walking off. I made a mental note to do the same when Eren made him plead for his worthless life. As much as I was completely against killing, Zachary was one death I could let him get away with.

A hushed silence soon overcame the cell I was in, and I turned around and looked at the other women in there. There were only four, which meant that this was one of the more recently used cells. I took a deep breath and forced a smile, "Hey everyone. I'm Laelynn."

I received soft greetings back.

I noticed that three of the girls were sitting in one corner, and then one was sitting alone by herself. She had short, curly black hair and fair skin. Brown freckles were scattered around her face and neck.

I wondered why she was sitting by herself.

I looked into her eyes, and all I could see was fear in them. Her body language gave her away, too, her side pushed into the corner of the wall while her arms were wrapped protectively around herself.

What happened to her?

"You really don't want to sit with her." One of the girls said. I turned around and looked at her, meeting green eyes with a huge head of red hair.

"Why not?" I asked in her, crossing my arms. The redhead scoffed and rolled her eyes as if I was supposed to already know the answer.

"She's a reject. No one wants to buy her. We heard that the vampires were planning on slaughtering her in a couple of days."

I looked back at the girl, not missing the tears that fell from her eyes.

"That can't be right. Slaughters happen when the human is too old to be bred. She looks my age." I disagreed. I was certain that Zachary knew that law as much as I did.

"Look at her face. She's covered in dark spots. No one wants to breed her because they're afraid that her offspring will also have them. Supernaturals are disgusted by those things."

Her freckles apparently were a problem.

Clearly, supernaturals don't know beauty when they see it.

"Okay, I get it. So my question is, why are you not sitting with her?" I asked the three girls, placing my hands on my hips.

Red hair huffed and crossed her arms, "We don't sit with rejects."

That made me mad. How could humans turn against each other when they needed each other the most? We already had enough supernaturals against us.

"That's a lame reason to not be friends with someone, especially since you also look like a reject yourself." I said boredly.

Red hair stood up and hurried to me, glaring daggers at me. "What did you say?"

"You heard me. And if you're trying to intimidate me, forget about it. I've dealt with much worse and still managed to survive it."

Eren was the most scary situation I've ever found myself in, yet him and Orion are all I wanted to be near. They don't scare me anymore than a puppy can scare a grown woman.

"I'll show you worse." She snapped.

"If you do, i'll wait for my two supernatural boyfriends to come get me and deal with you. That's only if I don't lose patience and hurt you by myself."

Red hair stepped back in shock before letting out the loudest laugh I've ever heard. It almost made me feel embarrassed until I realized that I technically did tell the truth. Even if they both weren't officially my boyfriends, they very much were more than just my friends or owners. Who else just makes out with her owners?

Her two friends joined her, and they all spent the next thirty minutes laughing at me. During all that time, I managed to pick the beanbag I would sleep in and settle down on it.

I decided to sit next to freckles, but she couldn't even look at me. She was scared, but also shy.

"Hey, I think you look really beautiful. These vampires and girls have no idea what they're talking about." I said, sprawling myself on the bean bag. I didn't feel as scared as I expected to feel. Probably because deep down I knew that Eren and Orion were working towards finding me. It was also a Friday, and there were no sales during weekends. So they had until Monday to find me here, before I was put up on the market.

I heard red hair laugh again, "Ha! As if two supernaturals would be the boyfriend of someone like her!"

Freckles looked at her and turned back to me, "Why would you say something like that? Now you'll be bullied like me."

"I said it because it's true." I said to her. She didn't believe me, which was not much of a surprise. No one would believe that an average human like me would manage to capture the romantic attention of two big, bad supernaturals.

"Uh, what type of supernaturals?" She asked me, going along with what I had said.

"The Fallen."

"Ha! Impossible!" I heard red hair bark at me. She had been listening, and she started laughing again. "The richest and most deadly of them all? Hold on! Let me guess, let me guess! Next, you're going to say that it's their king or his second that ended up with you."

I smiled, "Both of them, actually." 

More laughs echoed throughout the cell, and I felt my cheeks heating up. Not because of embarrassment, but because I missed my supernatural men. The cute moments where Orion would hold my hand or whenever Eren tried to act like he didn't care about me, but his actions always proved that he did.

Both of their warm, muscled bodies. Followed with the most handsome yet soft facial features, the silky feel of their hair as my fingers ran through it. Don't even get me started on those lips.

"Wow, you look... In love. Are you actually telling the truth?" Freckles asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked at her and cleared my throat.

"I'm trying not to be in love with them, but I know that they feel that way about me."

She looked down and unwrapped her arms around her body. "Well, why not? Isn't it great to be liked by such a powerful species? Especially two of them?"

"Yeah, but I'm just one big secret. What would even happen if everyone else found out about this?" I said, lowering my voice. "The other supernaturals would go on a rampage to find and kill me."

"They will protect you."

"And start a huge war while they're at it. Everyone will be against them just because of their love for me. I'm not worth all of that, and I'm sure they will realize it soon. What if I fall harder and they lose feelings? What will I do then?"

Freckles pursed her lips, having no response. "Well, just be grateful that you have someone that loves you... And you actually have a chance of getting out of here alive." She turned away and laid down on her sleeping bag, her back facing me.

I sighed softly, praying with my all that Eren and Orion found me.

Don't forget to...
Vote| Comment |Share