Chapter nineteen: warning

Orion's point of view

I opened the door to my bedroom and allowed Laelynn to walk in before I did. It was the furthest from outside so she wouldn't hear the screams of those humans as they got killed. I could still hear as perfectly as I did outside, but I didn't care. I was used to it.

"Make yourself at home. Eren will be back soon." I told her. She nodded and slowly walked to my bed, sitting on the edge of it. She clearly felt out of place, which made me sigh.

"You can lay down if you would like. There's no need to sit so stiffly."

She shook her head, keeping her eyes down. What was her problem?

"What is wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." She mumbled softly. I wanted to read her thoughts and find out what was running through her head, but I wanted her permission to be able to. I could easily read the mind of any other supernatural with no consent, but I couldn't do that to her. I didn't want to invade her privacy.

"Is this about your escape attempt?" I addressed the elephant in the room. She looked up at me so fast that I thought her neck would break. I nodded when I got my confirmation. "You don't need to worry. I won't tell Eren, and I won't stop you either."

She was surprised. "Why not?"

"Because I'm hoping that you'll reconsider. There's nothing for you out there." I told her the honest truth. "You want to go back to Sire for what? Sleeping with one eye open because you don't know who will steal from you or try to hurt you? Hunting for food while trying not to be hunted yourself?"

Laelynn was even more surprised. "You know about Sire?"

Of course, that's the only thing she heard.

"I can hear Sire." I told her.

"How do you deal with all that noise?" She asked me softly. I smiled, "There's a technique that I taught myself to only hear one sound at a time. So I'm pretty fine with it."

"So you can just switch sounds like switching radio stations?" She asked with a laugh. I smiled at her and nodded. "It's pretty boring but a useful gift none the less."

"It's not boring. I think it's cool. I would like to hear what people say about me from afar." Laelynn admitted. I shook my head and sat next to her, our legs brushing against each other. "Trust me, those people are not worth listening to. Especially since they don't know the type of person you are."

"Naive." She described herself.

"I would say, entertaining."

"Stupid." She added.

"The correct word is impulsive."

"Suicidal."

"No... actually, I agree with that one." I said to her. She laughed, shaking her head.

"You forgot another word to describe yourself." I told her. She looked at me in question. "Perfect."

"Oh, I'm not perfect... I'm anything but." She disagreed.

"Since you care so much about what we think of you, I'll have you know that's what I've been thinking behind your back." I told her. She kicked her feet nervously and smiled.

"Well, I really appreciate the compliment. I needed to hear that."

"Eren isn't doing a good job if he's not telling you every single day."

She looked up at me, her heart beating insanely fast. Mine seemed to be doing the same thing. There was just something about her that I so desperately wanted.

No, I didn't want something from her.

I wanted her.

My eyes darted to her lips, and I looked back up at her. What would Eren say if I kissed her? It was pretty obvious that he also had some sort of emotions towards her. I couldn't decide if he liked her or if he was actually trying to be a better pet owner. He was so different towards her. The things he said and the way he acted.

Would he get mad at me if I kissed her right now? Or would he be jealous because he didn't do it first?

I guess there's only one way to find out.

I tilted my head, meeting her lips in a deep kiss. Her eyes fluttered shut, and mine did too. My stomach nearly burst from the knots I was feeling in it. When she didn't push me away, I held her face, brushing some hair off her cheek as I deepened our kiss.

Her lips were the softest, silky like satin sheets. She tasted exactly like how she smelled, sweet and addictive. I couldn't get enough of her, but I knew I had to pull away to let her breath. I lightly bit her bottom lip before pulling away from her.

I heard a gasp at the door, making me turn to see Jillian peeking. When her eyes met mine, she quickly dashed away. I ignored her and turned back to Laelynn, who was blushing cutely.

"I... Was that allowed?" She asked me, breathing heavily.

"It is now." I only responded, kissing her cheek. She smiled at me, clearly speechless. "Don't worry, you don't need to say anything to me."

I stood up, "I'm going to find Jillian. She isn't wearing her collar, and it's not safe to be running around here. You can get into bed and sleep, and Eren will carry you back."

She nodded and followed my instructions while I made my way outside. I shut the door and locked it. Eren had a key to my room so he would be able to get in without me. I listened for Jillian, but all I heard was crying. I knew that it was her. I walked in the direction of her sobs.

She was hiding inside a small closet that had towels and blankets. I pulled the door open, and she jumped in surprise.

"M-master." She started. I stared at her emotionlessly.

"Tell me, Jillian, are you friends with Laelynn?" I only asked her. Jillian had no idea about my gift. No pet knew about the gift of their masters. It was something that was to be used for emergencies, and telling pets put us at risk of our safety. They couldn't know in case they escaped or got sold, where they would be able to tell outsiders.

Laelynn was the only one who knew our gifts, and I doubted that she'd tell anyone.

"S-shes my friend." Jillian answered.

Lies.

I've heard everything that she's said about Laelynn behind her back. The nasty things she's spewed to her friends, especially that Kim girl.

I also knew that she had feelings for me.

"I'm not here to console you or try to cheer you up." I stated. "I'm here to leave a warning."

She looked up at me as if the idea of me not cheering her up was the most devastating thing she's ever heard.

"You will not touch that woman. If you do, I'll break your hand." I promised her. "I don't want you pretending to be her friend either. I know you don't like her."

I don't usually involve myself in human matters, but this was different.

Laelynn was now mine.

"Is that clear?" I asked. She nodded frantically. "Yes, master."

"Good, and you will not utter a single word to anyone about what you just saw."

I wanted everyone to find out from me, not my pet.

"I will know if you say something. I always do."

Hope you enjoyed

Vote| Comment |Share