Chapter twenty eight: fight

Laelynn's point of view

My first night in prison was cold and pretty uncomfortable. I had gotten so used to the hot baths and delicious food that Eren introduced me to, it had become difficult to live without them.

I stretched my body, my black dress from the party riding up my thighs. The other girls were in dirty black shirts with the usual lingerie. I had no doubt on my mind that the vampires would expect me to wear that as well.

Freckles stirred next to me, and she turned to face me. She opened her eyes, blinking a couple of times before staring at me. "Morning, Laelynn." She croaked out.

"Good morning... Uh." I paused. She had been Freckles in my head, but I had no clue what her name actually was.

"Sora." She added. I smiled, glad to put a name to her beautiful face. She smiled back, but it soon faded when we heard heavy footsteps approaching us.

She quickly scrambled to stand up, and I followed suit. Zachary appeared in front of the cell, his eyes scanning us from outside. Everyone was up and waiting for him. He nodded in approval and pulled out keys from his pocket. After unlocking it, he opened the gate.

"Single file, head to the showers and breakfast hall. You have thirty minutes to get back in here. We have clients coming to privately view you, and then you will be reserved for them until Monday if they buy."

Zachary looked at me, his eyes scanning my dress. "I want that off when you get back. Wear something orange, makes your skin pop."

His words made me shiver, and he walked off to the next cell. I sighed and followed the others as they walked to the showers. Even though there was no soap or bath cloths, it still felt great to touch clean water. I spent only ten minutes in there, deciding that food was my biggest priority.

When I walked into the breakfast hall, which was a very different set up to when I first got introduced into cell life, everyone hushed down at my entrance.

I looked around, seeing at least one hundred women seated around a bunch of tables. I had no clue where Sora was, but she was the one I wanted to sit with.

A few male vampires stood around, probably there to ensure that there was no fighting or escaping.

I slowly walked around, wondering why everyone was staring at me. I had listened and got rid of my dress, so it clearly wasn't my outfit. I doubted that all of them knew that I was new here, so it couldn't have been that either.

I was soon answered when red hair decided to stand up from her seat and point at me.

"Ladies and ladies, there she is. Girlfriend of the king and second of the Fallen!"

I felt myself freeze in shock, and everyone broke out into laughter. The vampires guarding us looked at each other in surprise. The last thing I needed was to get in trouble with them because of red hair.

One of the vampires excused himself, and I felt dread consume me. Was he doing to tell Zachary? Would I get killed?

I didn't want to die, so I did only what I could do at this moment.

I denied everything.

The women stopped laughing and listened to me. I claimed that I lied about that to look protect myself. That I only said it because I also wanted to seem cool amongst the other humans. They all seemed to believe that story better, but most of them were very irritated at me.

Including red hair.

She stomped over to me, and roughly grabbed the shoulder strap of my bra, "I knew that you were just some desperate cunt."