Chapter three: new friend

Laelynn's point of view

Ouch.

My arm

My head

Pain.

I slowly opened my eyes, my sleepiness wearing off. It quickly was replaced by the pain that surged through my entire body.

Slowly sitting up, I held my head, trying to remember what had led me to feel like this in the first place. I remembered waking up in the cells, getting dressed, and seeing a buyer or two. The one with green skin.

And the one with white eyes.

I shuddered when the memories flew back. I had been sold to God knows what. I had no idea what type of supernatural that male was. He was huge, definitely more than six feet tall. He had pale skin, just like most of the, but he didn't have the eyes of a wolf or a vampire.

They were just... White. Empty.

I looked around the room I was in. It was massive. A large master bedroom with a king-sized bed, a small seating area with couches and a tabl, and two doors that led to perhaps an exit and a bathroom. In the corner of the room, I noticed that there was a small bed there with a shelf and a drawer placed next to it. It stood out in the massive room.

"You're up." A soft voice spoke, making me shriek and fall off the surface I now realize was a sofa. The person who spoke gasped and rushed over to help me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you. Are you hurt?"

I looked up, meeting warm green eyes. I had expected that male who had bought me, but the girl in front of me was clearly human. She had lovely blonde hair that was tied up into a neat pon, tail and she wore a tiny set of green lingerie, looking good on her petite body.

She smiled at me, making me confused.

"Where am I?" I asked, feeling out of place.

I was in a fancy clean room, yet I was anything but. My hair was still so , irty and I was covered in dirt from living in that unclean abandoned prison.

"You're in Loria, the land of The Fallen. This is my master's bedroom." The girl said with a comforting smile.

Still, all I could do was shiver with fear.

All of that hiding my whole life, just for me to get caught and sold to a land I had never even heard of.

How was I going to get back home?

"How far is it from Sire?" I asked the girl.

"Sire? The land where humans hide? I am not sure. I haven't been outside Loria for years."

I sighed and furrowed my brows, thinking of a way I could escape. The girl realized this and shook her head, "You can't escape from here. They will find and kill you."

Before I could respond, the door opened and I nearly shrunk back into the white sofa when I saw those white eyes. He walked in and shut the door with a tired sigh and the girl quickly got up and rushed to him.

She looked like a ten year old standing next to him. He was massive.

"Welcome back, master. May I get you anything?" She asked him. Her master glanced at her and patted her head, making her cheeks burn up.

Why would she smile? He treated her as if she were a dog.

Wait, she's not smiling. She's blushing .

That's even worse!

He ran his long fingers down her neck and shoulders, and then turned to stare at me as if I was interrupting something. It definitely felt like I was. My heart hammered in my chest, making the much taller male chuckle.

He thinks this is funny?

"Your heart may just fall off if it keeps beating so fast." He said to me, making me look away from him. At the corner of my eye, I saw him turn back to his pet, stroking her neck. "Give your new friend a bath and make her look pretty. It's time I gifted her to Lord Ries."

Wait, I'm not his?

"Yes master." The girl obeyed. 'Master' fell on his bed and grabbed a book that was on the dressing table next to it. The girl walked over to me and held my hand. She then led me to a bathroom.

"What is your name?" I asked the girl, watching her as she opened the faucet and checked the temperature of the water.

"My real name is Ashley, but here I am Jillian. My master named me after he captured me."

Captured? Like the Handler caught me?

"I am Laelynn... Do you think they'll change my name too?" I asked worriedly. My mother named me before she was killed. It was all I had left of her.

Jillian pursed her lips as she thought. "Well, if your master likes it, he will most likely keep it." She popped open a bottle of rose scented body wash and poured the pink substance in the water, making the whole bathroom smell like flowers. "Don't worry, Laelynn. This place isn't as bad as you think it is."

"You only say that because you're used to it." I breathed out, staring at the bubbles. It made me happy to bathe after so long. "Or maybe because your master isn't so bad."

Jillian didn't respond. She shut the faucet and clapped, "Right, it's ready. Take your things off and I'll go get you something clean to wear."

I quickly did what she told me and climbed into the large bathtub. The bathroom was large and spacious, making me wonder if I was in a castle or mansion. I scrubbed myself clean from head to toe, not wanting to leave a single spot untouched. Afterward, I just sat back and relaxed.

Maybe this isn't so bad.

"Comfortable?" The Master's voice spoke by the entrance of the doorway.

Nevermind. It's bad.

I quickly covered my exposed body with foam from the bath water, making the male chuckle deeply. He walked into the bathroom and grabbed a small bag, stepping out without another word.

Does he not respect privacy?

Who am I kidding? He's probably seen more of a woman's body than I have seen my own.

Jillian entered the bathroom with a fresh set of lingerie. "There we go! Master told me that you're a virgin pet, so I got you white lingerie."

A what?

"I'm not a virgin." I mumbled. Did that matter here?

"Virgin pet, as in it's your first time being a pet." Jillian explained. "It's important that we show the Lord that before he accepts you. He doesn't want tarnished goods."

I rolled my eyes. "No offense but your Lord or whatever, he sounds like a huge jerk."

Jillian gave me a wobbly smile, "Oh, he is. I've never seen any of his pets survive a month under his care."

"Seriously? What happens to them?" I asked in surprise. Did that mean I wouldn't survive a month either?

Jillian grabbed a wooden comb and ran it through my hair, attempting to detangle it. "Well, so far, he's had five. The first two committed suicide... The third choked on steak... The fourth was killed by him after another male slept with her... The fifth one slapped him last week. We found the hand she used to hit him outside on the ground."

I gulped, "That's going to be my new master?"

Jillian combed through my hair, occasionally pulling too hard at stubborn strands and making me hiss in pain. "If you behave yourself, I'm sure you'll be okay. He's barely around anyway, considering that he's the Lord of the Fallen and too busy ruling."

I bit my lower lip. Escaping was probably going to be much more difficult now. I would be in the hands of the Lord of Loria. The Lord of the Fallen.

I needed to play my cards right.

"I guess I'll be here for longer than I thought." I mumbled, wiggling my toes underwater.

"Okay, I'm done! Let's get you dressed up. We don't want to keep Lord Ries waiting."

Hope you enjoyed
Vote| Comment |Share