Chapter thirteen: the cells

Laelynn's point of view

The cells.

Cold.

Dark.

Disgusting.

I had thought that maybe they would be similar to the ones back at The Handler's shop, but these were beyond worse. If I had known that this was where I would end up, I would have kept my mouth shut.

Firstly, they weren't even cells. It was cages, small cages that were designed to fit animals the size of a dog. I couldn't stand from their height. I had to crawl around to move.

Not that there was anywhere to go.

The place was the darkest I've ever seen, not that I could see anything. It was so dark that I couldn't tell if it was day or night. I couldn't even see my hands whenever I put them in front of me.

Another thing is that there was no food for me. No one came in the cells to check on me. I knew that there were other pets in here with me. I could hear them whimpering sometimes, crying even.

I think I've been in here for three days. I was really scared the first day I was in here. I thought that Lord Ries would at least come and get me after a few hours, but he never did. Perhaps he decided to leave me to rot in here.

Or maybe he forgot about me.

Both seemed to be like something he would do.

I sighed, keeping my eyes closed. My stomach hurt from not eating for so long. I had felt around the cage I was in and touched something like a bucket. I think it was for excretory purposes, which explained the smell of urine in this prison.

Now, I really felt like an animal.

I closed my eyes, opening them when I heard a whimper on my left. I cleared my throat, wondering whose pet was in here with me. "Hello?" I called out quietly. The whimpering stopped at the sound of my voice.

"H-hello." A soft voice greeted me back.

"Hey." Another voice said. I think four more pets followed after that, so that meant there were seven of us in here.

"Why are you guys here?" I asked them. I got a bunch of reasons. One had stolen a cookie from their master, another had started crying, and her master was not having it. Some were like me, they had spoken out of turn with them.

One had tried kissing him.

It was the one that was whimpering every seven seconds.

"Why would you kiss your master?" A girl asked. Some of us hummed, also wondering the same thing.

"We always spent time together... And a few days ago he told me that I made him happy. I thought that it meant something deeper." She said.

So? Cats make humans happy, but we don't fall in love with them.

Sounds like we got a second Jillian.

"He also... Touched me. And I really enjoyed it." She admitted. "His fingers were just so long and..."

"Okay, stop. We do not want to hear that." Someone stopped her before she could go any further. I was surprised.

"Wait, they sleep with you guys?"

"No, they touch us." One girl said.

"It's just if we're sexually frustrated and they notice, so they help us out with it." Another said.

Did that mean that Lord Ries would...

I shuddered, he will not poke me without my consent.

"Whimpering girl, who's your master?" I asked.