Chapter two: sold to the Fallen

"The Fallen? Are you sure?" Zachary asked with widened eyes, completely forgetting about the ogre who was still waiting to pay. The other vampire nodded quickly, his freckled face shining from sweat.

It was strange to see a vampire sweat. They were such fearless entities.

Zachary bit his lip nervously and looked back at his other customer.

"Okay, just make sure that my customer here gets his humans. I'll deal with it."

The Handler apologized to the ogre with a bow and quickly made his way to the entrance of the prison, a place that used to be a reception area. We all watched him hurriedly step away, confused by what was going on.

This new customer sounded scary. I hope he didn't pick me.

__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__

Orion's point of view.

I checked my watch for the third time since I had set foot here, my jaw ticking in irritation. I didn't like being kept waiting, especially since I had so many responsibilities waiting for me back at the castle.

I don't even know why I was sent to do this. There were much less important fools that were fit for this task.

My thoughts were cut when I heard a pair of hurried steps approaching me. It better not be that young vampire again. He couldn't even speak to me properly from his trembling in fear when he realized who I was.

I smirked, not that I minded it.

My ears picked up a fearful gulp and brief peptalk before Zachary appeared. The Handler is what they called him. He was the first and probably the only dealer of humans. His business was popular worldwide to supernaturals, especially males who needed human delectables and pets.

"Greetings, member of The Fallen. It is a pleasure to see you in my shop." The Handler greeted, his signature smile welcoming me. His tense body relaxed when he realized that I was alone. I almost smiled, knowing I could destroy this place even if only half of me was there.

He would find out if he disappointed me today.

I didn't say anything to return the greetings, making the vampire open his mouth again. "How can I help you today?"

"Lord Ries wants a woman, a pet to replace his previous one." I stated. He had killed her for some unknown reason. Though it was nothing new, his patience was as thick as a strand of hair.

Owning a pet required someone with patience.

Someone like myself, but I already had one, and I did not need another.

It took me two years to get her to stop crying anytime I stepped near her.

"There's a large variety of pets to choose from. Did the lord have a specific body type or skin tone he wanted?"

"He isn't too picky." I said blankly.

Lie.

"He does like them well-behaved."

Another lie.

He likes a chase, but that's how they end up dead in the first place.

I'm not coming here for the fifth time.

Zachary nodded and asked me to follow him, making sure that he kept his distance ahead of me. I didn't blame him. I wasn't exactly the most trustworthy supernatural to be around.

The Fallen were an extremely powerful group, much more superior than vampires, werewolves, or any other supernatural. No supernatural actually knew what we are. There had been many stories over the past years that we were fallen entities... Magical beings who turned evil.