Chapter four: new reality

After Jillian helped me get dried up and dressed, she brushed my hair down and put a bit of jewelry on me. When I had worn my heels, Jillian stepped back and admired her work.

I felt naked.

No matter where I am, I'll never get used to wearing these revealing clothes.

"I did amazing, as always." Jillian said, circling around me while observing me carefully. "I have to give it to you, Laelynn. You have one banger of a body."

We left the bathroom and entered the main bedroom.

"So... What is my job as a pet?" I asked. It was probably going to be sex. That was the main reason why males got pets. "Do the Fallen drink blood?"

"Nope. Your master will tell you."

"What's yours?" I asked, playing with the bracelet around my wrist. It was made of white pearls, and it was absolutely beautiful.

"No clue. He's never done anything bad to me."

I guess I should have known that at one point in my life, I would end up like this. It was something we were taught from the moment we learned how to speak. Human boys became slaves or food, human girls became breeding mates and pleasure toys.

That was only if they were caught by supernaturals.

There was a small chance that a human lived to see the age of thirty and an even smaller chance that they found real love. Some humans only bred because they needed to keep the population up, not because they were in love.

"Your master will tell you all you need to know." Jillian responded. I gave her a blank stare.

"I hope he won't want sex."

"The Fallen do not mate with humans. Only their own kind." Jillian reassured me. I sighed in relief but then looked up to see Jillian frowning. "You do not sound happy about that..."

Jillian shook her head, forcing a smile. That made me think back to the time when Jillian had been blushing just from the mere touch that her master gave her. I looked at the girl like she was crazy, "You have a crush on your master?"

Jillian's eyes widened, and she quickly covered my mouth. "Hush! They have incredible hearing! You can not say something like that. You will get me executed!"

"You aren't even..."

"Things will not end well for me if he hears that. He is respectful, but he is not a kind male." She added, slowly removing her hand from my mouth.

"You aren't even denying it." I finished my statement softly. Jillian blew out a sigh, her cheeks once again turning a hue of red. There was no way her master couldn't tell. She was terrible at hiding it.

He's probably ignoring it.

"How could you like that? They are terrifying creatures... I bet they commit mass murders for fun."

"Silly! They actually aren't that bad! All they want is to be treated with respect." She defended them. How could a human be so brainwashed as to defend those who have labeled her as a pet?

Was love really that blind?

"Besides, I really do think that my master feels the same. The way he touches and holds me is something no other pet has felt from theirs."

"Then why aren't you in a relationship?" I asked dully. I was convinced that there was something mentally wrong with my new friend, but the last thing I needed was to tell Jillian and cause problems. I needed allies, not enemies.

"Well, it's against the law... Unless Lord Ries allows it, of course."

"Secret relationship?" I clarified. Surely, if the master felt the same, he would take that risk for her. Though as far as I was concerned, absolutely no supernatural would risk anything for a measly human.

Jillian opened her mouth and closed it, having no words. I sighed and shook my head, "Look, I'm not judging you. I don't even know you well enough to do that. I'm just saying that you should be careful. Don't take his respectful nature for something else."

"Yeah..." Jillian mumbled. I looked up when the door opened again. She quickly got up and rushed to meet her master, "Master, can I get you anything?"

He pursed his lips and looked at me, "No, it's time to take her to Eren now." He walked over to me and grabbed my arm, not before leaning down to reach my height. "I would advise that you do not struggle or attempt to run away. Every Fallen male is aware of the pleasures a human girl can bring. They will rip you in half if they find you."

You don't have to tell me twice.

"I won't move." I said.

"Good girl," he whispered, making a shiver run down my spine. He stood up straight and turned to his pet. "Put your collar on, Jillian. We're going to get some fresh air after this." Jillian happily obeyed and picked up a red leather collar, strapping it around her neck. It was a sign of ownership, a way for other Fallen males to know that they should stay far from collared humans.

Sometimes, it was ankle chains, but they weren't as popular as the famous doggy collar.

I was pulled out of the bedroom, Jillian following behind in hurried steps. The male was hard to keep up with. One of his steps was three of ours. I think I tripped six times, and each time, he would catch me.

"Can you slow down. You're basically dragging me here." I huffed out, making the Fallen chuckle deeply. He did not slow down. In fact, he walked faster.

He was doing this to spite me.

Each turn they made had endless rows of doors, making me realize that this was a castle. I wondered what so many doors were for. Perhaps it was the bedrooms of all the other Fallen that lived there.

What exactly were the Fallen?

That was a question I had yet to get the answer to. I knew that vampires had super speed and strength. They depended on blood to survive and could go hundreds of years without dying.

I knew that werewolves could shift into these massive wolves. I knew that they lived in packs that were ruled by mated werewolves, an alpha and a luna.

I even knew that the ocean had mermaids and sirens. Sirens were scary, mean, carnivorous creatures and mermaids were much nicer in comparison. Sometimes sirens pretended to be mermaids to draw humans to them, then they would attack and eat them.

So why didn't anyone know anything about the Fallen. What exactly were they?

Were they fallen angels? Rebellious angels that were kicked out of heaven? No... They couldn't be. Were they perhaps a much more powerful version of vampires? I didn't understand why they were so feared.

My pondering was interrupted when the male came to a stop, making me trip once more. Again, I was caught, and I whispered a small thanks. We stood in front of huge double doors, and my reality finally sunk in.

"Stay here, Jillian. I will be back soon."

I suddenly felt fear as I was pulled into the large, dark room. Lord Ries probably isn't anything like Jillian's master. He was a Lord for a reason, right? Was it because he slayed many enemies? Or because of his powerful and authoritative demeanor?

I was yet to find out.

We walked down another dark hallway, the silence that followed bringing great discomfort to me. We walked until we reached long red curtains, stopping behind them. Behind the curtains, a sound came. A sound that made Jillian's master roll his eyes and my ears turn red in embarrassment.

The sounds of two people moaning.

Hope you enjoyed
Vote| Comment |Share