Chapter fifteen: vampire lord

Orion's point of view

I walked into the conference room, having been called by Eren.

I knew the vampire king would visit us sooner or later. We did just close down his main form of income.

Human trade, the vampires were notorious for it.

It was the reason why they were so 'rich and feared'.

The Fallen didn't fear them, however, and that clearly bothered them.

My eyes landed on the old vampire, and I held in a laugh. For them being called 'the undead', he sure looked dead.

"Greetings, sorry I'm late for the meeting." I said, sitting down. I turned to Jillian and pointed at the bar. I could hear Laelynn's voice in there. She was saying something about the ocean and wanting to go there.

Jillian nodded and left, giving us a chance to speak. Lord Baron looked at me with a look of displeasure. "I didn't know we had a third guest."

"I run this place." I said, "It's important that I'm here."

He smiled in amusement, his red eyes darkening. "You must be the powerhouse of this kingdom. Perhaps you can convince your Lord to reconsider keeping Zachary's land."

"I'm sure such a rich king like you can afford to reconstruct in your own territory." I stated, making his smile drop. "Human dealing is your specialty. Surely there's other warehouses you can use."

He frowned, making me raise my eyebrows in amusement.

"Fine." He said, "The least you could do is give us the two hundred humans you set free. After that, all will be well."

Eren scoffed, "You're insane."

I cleared my throat, "What he means is that your loss is not our problem. We simply took our land back. The humans are not a part of our land."

We don't have a reason to harm all of those humans. We are not touching them.

"If you don't get my humans back... I will -"

"I'll kill you!"

Lord Baron paused at the sound of the scream, and I froze too. That voice sounded a lot like...

"Get off me, whore!"

"Jillian." I whispered before springing up and speeding upstairs. Eren and Baron followed behind me as I barreled in there, my eyes widening in surprise.

Jillian was on top of Lord Baron's pet, Amber, and Laelynn was on top of Jillian.

They were fighting.

I didn't fail to miss the stench of alcohol that filled the whole room, nor did I miss the empty bottles that were all over the place.

"What is the meaning of this? Amber!" Baron said, running to Amber. He shoved Laelynn off Jillian and then proceeded to kick Jillian off her. Eren growled angrily, making the vampire snarl in return.

"I don't care who you are, do not push my Laelynn like that." Eren snapped, his eyes darkening. His eyes went impossibly dark, and I knew what he was about to do.

I quickly grabbed his arm to snap him out of it. No one but the kingdom of Loria knew about his gift. He couldn't show the vampires, they would target us.

He shook his head, his eyes going back to their normal deep blue. He looked at Laelynn, walking over to her and checking if she was alright.

She was fine, but she was incredibly drunk.