Chapter twenty one: lies

Laelynn's point of view

"A party?"

"Yes, a party."

It was the next day, and the day of the party... And possibly my escape. I had been waiting all afternoon to ask Lord Ries for permission to go, and I was now taking the risk.

Lord Ries looked up from his papers, his eyebrow raising in question to me. "You mean to tell me that your human associates are having a party without my permission?"

"That's not the main focus here." I said, sitting down on the chair next to his. "The important thing is that I've been invited and I would like to go."

"I don't feel comfortable with letting you out after dark. Especially without your collar." He responded to me. "No, you aren't going."

He turned back to his work, completely ending the conversation. I frowned, thinking of another thing to say. "Please! Everyone will be bonding and having fun. I'll be the odd one out if I don't go. The loser!"

"You won't be, I promise." He only said.

"But I want to make friends."

"I'll be your friend."

"Human friends!" I complained.

"I'll get you a pet sister."

"Absolutely not! I refuse to share you."

Lord Ries chuckled at my words and shook his head. "Well, I'm sorry, but it would be insanity to approve of this. I value your safety more than you think."

I slumped back on my seat, making him briefly glance at me. He sighed and rubbed his temples. "Do you promise to go straight to the party and come straight back here?" He asked me. I quickly shot up. Was he about to say yes?

I nodded quickly.

"You promise not to follow any male anywhere?"

I nodded again.

"You promise to come back before one o'clock? I mean it."

I nodded three more times.

"Laelynn, if anything happened to you, I would go crazy. I can't begin to explain it." I jumped up and gave him a big hug. I felt sad for lying to him so much, but I had to do this. I was starting to get attached to him and Orion. My heart beat much faster whenever I was with them.

I was starting to fall for them.

I had no future here. No supernatural would want to marry a human. No supernatural would even date one. Orion probably kissed me because he could, but it didn't mean that he had feelings for me. Lord Ries didn't even seem interested in me. It was only me that was getting attached.

That's why I had to be the one that left.

I was falling in love with them.

"Just, please take care of yourself. I trust you." He said to me, holding me tightly. I didn't respond, savoring this hug. It was the last hug I would get from him.

I pulled away and kissed his cheek, making him look at me with a smile. I would miss his beautiful ocean eyes, his prideful and cocky smirk, the sound of his voice when he woke up, his strong and manly scent. I would miss even the threats he would give me whenever I didn't listen to him.

"Eren," I whispered. I don't know what got into me, but I leaned down and kissed him. He froze, and I expected him to push me away and throw me in the cells like Fluffy, but he didn't.

Instead, he grabbed my neck and kissed me harder, making me dig my hands into his hair. His free hand made its way to my waist, and he pulled me on top of his lap. We kissed for a long time, feeling each other through it all. I pulled away from him and kissed his forehead, making him smile.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for that." He told me.

He waited? For me?

"You wait for stuff?" I asked with a laugh.

"Only if I really want it and I don't want to ruin it." He said. I smiled and slid off him. "I would love to stay and do more, but..."

I looked out the window, seeing the full moon and stars. It was time.

Did I really want this?

"I've got to go." I said. Eren stood up and unclipped my collar. "Have fun, and be safe."

I nodded and made my way to the door. "I'll be back." I whispered, pulling it open.

"I'll be waiting."

Eren's point of view

I watched as the door shut, making me sigh deeply. My fists clenched around her collar, the diamonds on it slightly stabbing my skin. I didn't want her to leave, especially not after what happened between us.

I couldn't deny it anymore. I was falling in love with a human.

With Laelynn.

It wasn't a bad thing. There were actually quite a few supernaturals that did end up being with humans, but it was never any of my status.

I was expected to have a strong queen to lead the Fallen kingdom, to produce equally strong offspring to take my crown.

I frowned, absolute crap.

That type of stuff didn't matter to me. I liked the idea of Laelynn being the mother of my children, even if she was human. She would probably be a great parent, although she sometimes acted like a child herself.

The important thing was that I would be happier with her than any of these other females.

I smiled to myself and sat down on my bed, thinking about how to tell her how I felt. I wanted to confess my feelings to her when she came back. To tell her that I don't want her to be my pet, but my girlfriend. I wanted to make her smile, spoil her, and treat her like the goddess she is.

And one day, marry her.

It would make me so happy if she felt the same way... But a part of me knew that she liked my closest friend. My brother. Orion.

I know he also felt the same.

How would we make this work? Could we both be with her? Was that even okay?

Would people think I'm unfit to be King if I'm sharing my queen?

I frowned, not knowing what to think of this. I would have to speak to Orion and find out how he feels. Then all will be right between us.

With that mission in mind, I stepped out of my bedroom, figuring that Laelynn wouldn't be back anytime soon. I walked to Orion's room and knocked on the door. After a few seconds of knocking, he answered the door.

"Hey," he greeted me.

"Hey, can we talk? It's about Laelynn." I said, stepping inside. His pet was not in the room, meaning that she was also at this party.

"Is she alright?"

"She's fine. Look, I just wanted us to find a way forward with our feelings for her."

"Feelings?"

"Yes, I have feelings for her, and I understand that you do too?" I asked him. He nodded at me in response, his eyebrows furrowing.

"We both want to be with her. So this can only go one of two ways. One, she picks the male she wants, and two, she takes us both."

Orion crossed his arms and nodded. "Yeah, I thought about that. We should sit her down and ask her about it tomorrow."

I nodded, smiling at him. Orion and I were extremely close. We grew up together, even if we were born from different families. Whenever my parents were too busy to take care of me, they would send me to his home. His grandmother would whip up the best pastries, and we would help her out sometimes.

I would do anything for him.

I turned around to leave, but Orion stopped me. "Hold on, there's something that I heard. Laelynn, when she left your room earlier. She said she'll be back soon."

"Yeah?"

My stomach dropped at his next words.

"She lied. I could feel it."

Hope you enjoyed
Vote| Comment |Share