Chapter ten: punishment

Orion's point of view

"Laelynn, you might want to move away." I said to the human, who looked nervous about what was going to happen. It was good that she was here to witness this. She would know what to expect if she broke another one of Eren's rules.

The thought of him hurting her made a lump form in my throat, but I pushed it back to the best of my ability. She was his pet, and that wouldn't change anytime soon.

"Step closer." Eren commanded, not moving from his relaxed position. The male obeyed and hesitantly walked up a small set of stairs that led to the throne. I could hear the sound of Laelynn's heart racing. It always did so loudly.

"What is your fault?" Eren asked.

The male looked down in shame. "I called my Lord by his first name, which is great disrespect to him."

It's not just disrespectful. It's illegal.

"It is disrespect, especially since you were raising your voice at me." Eren added with a glare.

"I'm sorry, my Lord. I am just worried for Loria. A war is coming."

Eren yawned and stood up, "You know what must be done now. You must receive your punishment."

Laelynn gulped, making me turn to look at her. I would have liked to whisk her out of this situation, but that would be me landing myself in my own situation.

A dilemma, even.

The male fell on his knee, "I accept my punishment, Lord Ries."

Eren nodded and stepped closer to the male. He kept his eyes on him, not seeming to be doing anything but staring at him. It didn't seem like much of a punishment until the male started groaning in pain, holding his head.

Laelynn gasped in shock.

I wanted to go over there and let her know that if she did something unforgivable, this would be her fate.

Eren did not need to touch you to bring torment into your life.

He was torment himself.

The male fell over, the screams neverending. He probably could be heard throughout the castle. Tears rolled down his eyes as he called for his mother to save him.

"Please stop..." I barely heard Laelynn say. I turned to look at her, once again feeling concerned for her.

She was petrified.

"Stop, please!" She raised her voice. She couldn't watch anymore.

I sighed and turned to my brother, "Eren. That's enough."

Immediately, Eren stopped, making the male finally stop screaming. He fell limp on the floor, appearing to be unconscious. Laelynn rushed over to the male, falling on her knees next to his head. She touched his pale face, not being able to tell if he was breathing or not.

Mistake number one.

Checking his pulse was useless. The Fallen did not have one.

But that wasn't the mistake. It was rushing to another males aid that was a problem.

Eren looked outraged by her actions.

I was just pissed about it.

"Is he still alive?" She asked Eren, looking up at him with tears in her eyes.

She's brave, or maybe dumb.

She didn't receive an answer, making her hug the large male tightly as if she could absorb his pain.