Chapter eight: tension

Laelynn's point of view

The sun rose the following day, sounds of young robins and canaries chirping outside the window. Its warmth ghosted through the glass and fell onto my skin, resulting in the tingling feeling to cause me to wake up slowly. I was lying on my soft bed, having never felt anything more comfortable in my life.

Lord Ries is a darling for getting me my own bed.

Not even my bed back in Sire could amount to that.

While I was still in and out of consciousness, I thought back to the people I had left behind back home. My father, who had raised and taken care of me for the longest time, was probably worried sick about me. Perhaps he believed that I was dead.

"Human, get up right this instance."

My body was shaken roughly, making me groan in annoyance. I flipped over to my side and shifted away, trying to escape from the cold hands that were touching me.

"I will pour cold water on you. I know how much you humans hate the feeling on your skin." The voice threatened. I knew that it was Lord Ries from the impatience in his tone, but I did not wake up, planning on getting a couple of minutes more of sleep.

I knew I was breaking his rule, but I was just so comfortable.

Besides, it wasn't like he was actually going to pour—

I jerked up with a shriek when I felt a load of ice-cold water poured over my head. With heavy breaths, I attempted to push my wet hair off my face. "What the hell?! Why would you do that!?" I screamed, looking at Lord Ries. He had a wide grin on his face, only angering me more.

"One thing I believe I have mentioned is that I never repeat myself. Next time, the water will be even colder."

My teeth clattered as I wrapped my arms around my body. It didn't do anything to warm me. My bed was soaked, and there was some water on the fur mat underneath my feet.

"Asshole." I grumbled out.

I had assumed that Lord Ries didn't hear me, but I knew that wasn't the case when his smile faded.

I'm dead.

"I'm so sorry, my Lo—"

Before I could even finish my apology, a choke left my lips when his large hand tightly wrapped around my neck. I gasped for air when I felt my feet leave the ground. He lifted me up by my neck, his firm grip making my eyes water.

Lord Ries snarled at me, pulling me a few inches close to his own face.

"You'd better watch that mouth of yours. You seem to have forgotten far too quickly who I am." He warned me. I clawed his hand, gasping in plea for forgiveness. No air entered my lungs from the tightness of his grip. Tears ran down my cheek when death called me.

He was killing me.

"I can kill you right now, and you can't do anything to save yourself." He added, pulling me impossibly close to his face. When he noticed my weakness increasing, he lowered me and dropped me on the floor. I gasped for air, keeping my eyes on the floor to not upset him any further.

He clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Go clean yourself, and while you do that, remember that I can kill you whenever I want.

I scrambled to get on my feet, still coughing loudly and inhaling as much air as I could. When I shut the bathroom door, I leaned against it, taking deep breaths.

I needed to leave. He was going to kill me.

I quickly took a bath and went to the bedroom, seeing my clothes on it. Lord Ries was not in there, making me sigh in relief. I quickly wore the short silk dress I found on his bed. It was better than a two-piece, but it still left little to no imagination. Males could still perfectly see my breasts and my ass but I could not complain.

What if he killed me for voicing out my discomfort.

I picked up my collar from the bed and walked over to the mirror. My neck had a noticeable purple bruise from when he choked me. My vision was blurred by my tears, but I quickly wiped them away.

The door opened, making me jump back. I was relieved to see that it wasn't Lord Ries but Orion. At least I knew that he would not hurt me because he was not allowed to touch me.

He didn't seem to pay attention to me as he looked around the room curiously. When he didn't find what he was searching for, he looked back at me. His eyes weren't as milky white as usual, but they were a light shade of grey, making it easy for me to see that he was staring me down.

His lips parted as he looked at my legs and thighs.

This place is just full of creeps.

His eyes shot back to my face, then my neck and his expression immediately changed to concern.

Why would he be concerned about me?

He walked to me without a word and reached for my neck, his thumb grazing a spot above where my collar had been. "You are bruising." He mumbled to me.

No shit Sherlock.

I kept my eyes down, not responding to him. "Is this the reason why he has left?"

I shrugged, not knowing and definitely not caring if I had caused his sudden departure.

"What happened?" He asked.

Orion made me sit on the bed and tilted my head to get a better look at my bruise. "He really hurt you. You broke one of his rules?" He asked again. I could only nod.

"Words."

"Yes, Orion." I whispered. He looked at me before getting up and walking to the bathroom.

"Never mind then, I'll make sure you aren't hurt too bad." Orion mumbled. I sat in silence and watched him when he came back with a tube of cream. He popped the cap open and squeezed some out, rubbing the cool ointment around my neck.

That felt heavenly.

"You got away this time. Next time, he won't stop until you aren't breathing." Orion warned me, gently rubbing my neck.

I couldn't even hear him. That's how good it felt.

The cold ointment and his hands were an unstoppable duo.

I threw my head back when I felt his hands reach my shoulders, massaging them. I was not bruised there, but it felt amazing. Being touching this way, it was a feeling I wasn't familiar with. Especially from the large and firm hands of a supernatural male.

"You like it?" Orion asked me.

He looked mesmerized.

"I like it." I whispered, looking deep into his eyes. His hands stopped moving, but they sat in place, the only sounds in the room being our heavy breathing. There was no doubt about it. There was tension between us. Orion's lips parted and closed, his words not forming properly. I was about to speak when he suddenly moved away from me, clearing his throat.

"Forgive me." He mumbled, standing up. He closed the cooling ointment and threw it on the bed, shoving his hands inside his trouser pockets. "Come, we are going to Lord Ries' office now."

He didn't let me react to what happened before he started walking to the door.

I quickly grabbed my collar and rushed to follow him, pushing the tense moment we had to the back of my head.

Hope you enjoyed
Vote| Comment |Share