Ch.8

Spencer's P.O.V

Today was the final practice before the Super Bowl, and so far practice has been off for me. "Spencer what was that? You ran the wrong route which led the defense running the ball. Wake up!" My coach yells at me. "Alright gentleman bring it in. I'm going to be honest with you, today was not one of practices and if we play like that on Sunday, then we are going to get embarrassed by Kansas City. We need to start playing Rams football the way we play it. If everyone does their job out on that field, I promise you that we will be Super Bowl champions when it's all said and done. Spencer, break us out." Coach says. "Alright boys we know at sake here, this what we wanted at the start of the season. I don't know about you, but I ain't letting this slide. I know I didn't have the best practice, and I'm going to do whatever it takes to get better. Hands in. Rams on 3, family on 6! 1! 2! 3!" "Rams!" Everyone yells. "4! 5! 6!" "Family!" The team yells.

As we made to the locker room, I had to admit that his has not been my day so far. I don't know why, but all I could think about is Liv and how I may have been the stupidest man on the planet. After what happened last night, things may have gotten more complicated, not to mention that I have a meeting with Adidas later on. "Hey Spencer, are you okay?" Jordan asked me. "Yeah man I'm fine, I just got a lot going on." I said.

"Well you better pick it up because the Super Bowl is in two days and the team needs you to be on your A-game."

"Don't worry Jordan. I'll be ready come Sunday."

"Spencer it's me. You can tell me anything." I wanted to tell Jordan the truth about how I feel about Olivia, but I'm worried that he won't approve and this will affect our friendship.

"Just some personal matters going on Jordan, but I'm handling it. And I actually got a meeting with Adidas later on today with Liv."

"Ok. Hey listen, my family is coming into tonight for a family dinner, why don't you come meet us tonight?"

"No Jordan I couldn't and don't want to impose. Plus my family into town as well for the Super Bowl."

"Well invite them to join us."

"I don't Jordan, but I'll think about."

"Alright bro."
----------------------------------------------
My family got into town and I couldn't be happier to see them. "Hey guys! How was the flight?" I asked. "It was good. You know you didn't have to pick us up. We would taken an Uber to the hotel." Grace said to her son. "I know, but I really wanted to see you guys before the game."

"Everything okay Spencer?"

"It's complicated Mom."

"Tell me about it then."

"Well I met this woman a month ago at my teammate's house when he invited me over to his family barbecue, and ever since then, we've gotten to know each other more, and I'm starting to have feelings for her."

"Tell her how you feel then bro." Dillion said.

"If it were only that easy. She's also my agent."

"What?" Everyone said at the same time.

"I know, but after everything that happened with lawsuit against Jack because he was stealing from me for years, I needed someone else to represent me."

"Did you get Davis to look at the contract when it came to the terms?"

"Of course I did Mom. He said it was legit and Liv's work with her other clients prove it. Plus, she was main reason why Patrick Mahomes got that $500 million contract extension with the Chiefs."

"Damn, she's that good huh?" Dillion asked.

"She is."

"Well Spencer as a mother, I ask you to be careful. Try not to rush into things because the majority of the time mixing business with pleasure doesn't go to well." To late for that. After the kiss, things got complicated.