Ch.20

Spencer's P.O.V

Ever since I found out that Liv was pregnant, I couldn't be happier. The woman I fell in love with and will spend the rest of my life with is having my child. We couldn't wait to tell everyone the good news. Our families will join us at the barbecue later today for the special announcement. As for Brianna, me and Liv thought about surprisingly her together before everyone else comes over.

"You all set baby?" Liv asks me.

"Yup. I just put the present in the drawers and I'm going to hide the key that'll open Brianna's present." Liv and I thought it would be fun for Brianna to do a scavenger hunt.

"Brianna! Come downstairs!" Liv yelled trying to get her attention.

"Yes, Mommy?"

"Do you want to play a game?"

"Oooh yes!"

"Ok, so you're going to do a little scavenger hunt. There will be clues for you to find. You'll have to answer them to get to the end."

"Ok, Mommy."

"You'll have to think about each message to determine where the next one is." Brianna nodded.

"Ok. Here is your first message and I want you to read it out loud."

Brianna grabs the note and reads the message. "Mom and Dad have a surprise for you, but a scavenger hunt is needed to find it. Clue #1: I am near but you can't see me. To find your next clue, pretend you are sleepy." She smiles and thinks about what it could mean. "So somewhere sleepy. Um, the bedroom."

"Yes, that's it, baby girl. Now you have to go to one of the bedrooms and find the next clue." I said.

We all went upstairs and Brianna was in front of us making her way to her bedroom. Once Brianna entered her room, she started looking for the next clue. So far she could find anything, but when she checked her bed and flipped one of her pillows, there was a note tapped to it.

"Mommy! Daddy! I found it."

"Good job Brianna! Read what it says."

"Clue #2: Hooray! You found me! To find your next clue, you might be hungry downstairs." Brianna thought for a few seconds. "The kitchen."

Brianna starts to head downstairs and towards the kitchen. She looked in the cabinets, under the table and chairs, but no luck. She then opened the refrigerator and the note was right in front of her. "Here it is!"

"Keep it up, Brianna!"

She now starts to read the note. "Clue #3: It's been a long day being outside. Find me under a comfy seat." Brianna thought about what could be a comfy seat. "The next clue is in the living room."

We all started to head toward the living room and Brianna threw the couch pillows to the side. "Brianna be careful!" Liv told her. She then looked under the recliner and found the next clue.

"Found it!"

"What does it say?" I asked.

"Clue #4: You're getting closer. I am on a chair outside that moves back and forth."

"What do you think it is baby girl?"

"Um...Oooh a swing."

"Let's go to the backyard and find out."

We get to the swing set and she finds the note on the bottom of the swing.

"Got it!"

Brianna opens the note and sees a key fall and quickly picks it up from the ground and is all confused. "Is the surprise just a key Mommy?"