Ch.14

Spencer's P.O.V

Today's the day. The day I will find out if I will continue to play for the LA Rams. I have proven to everyone time and time again I'm capable of being paid as one of the top receivers in the NFL, but the Rams front office doesn't see it that way because had they realize how much work I put in to be in this position, they would've given me a contract extension a few weeks after a Super Bowl. Instead, we are not seeing eye to eye, and anything can happen if this goes south.

I know this is a business, but it's more difficult than it is because the woman I love, and can see a future with, lives in LA. Both Liv and Brianna have made a huge difference in my life.

"Hey, baby." Liv walked up to me, wrapping her arms around my neck, and kissed me. "Are you ready for today?" She asked me.

"I'm a little nervous."

"Why?"

"Because I'm worried the team won't pay me for what I'm worth. Everyone's been doubting me my whole life, and I was able to prove them wrong, so I'm praying we can come to an agreement today."

"We will. And the worst-case scenario, another team will make a better offer, and you can sign with them."

"But what does that mean for us? Of course, I would want you and Brianna to come with me, but I can't let you leave your family. LA has always been your home."

"And it always will." Liv cupped my face. "We will figure this out together Spencer."

"I love you Liv."

"I love you too Spencer." We looked deep into each other eyes and kissed with passion.

"Come on Mommy! Come on Daddy! I want to see Jasmine and JJ at Grandma Grace's house!"

Ever since my Mom met Liv back in Vegas, the closer they got to knowing each other. When I told my Mom that Brianna called me Dad, she couldn't be happier because she was proud of how much I've made a difference in her life. Both Liv's and my family have also gotten closer and would attend family events such as barbecues, days at the beach, movie nights, and the kids would have sleepovers at our parent's house when we would have date nights. The first time I heard Brianna refer to my Mom as a grandmother made me happy, almost made me cry; and vice versa when I saw my mom treat Brianna as her own granddaughter.

"Ok, baby girl. We're heading out." I picked Brianna up as we made our way to my Mom's house.
----------------------------------------------------------
Olivia's P.O.V

We arrived at Ms. Grace's house, and as soon as we walked in, everyone was happy to see us.

"Hi, Ms. Grace."

"Hi, Liv. It's nice to see you again."

"Likewise. And I wanted to thank you again for taking care of Brianna while Spencer and I are trying to come to an agreement with the Rams."

"Of course, Liv. I love having Brianna over."

"Ms. Grace?"

"Yes, Liv?"

"I also wanted to promise you that I will do everything in my power to make sure Spencer gets the offer he deserves and it'll be from an NFL team here in LA."

"Thank you, sweetie!" She walked up to me and hugged me for a few seconds and hugged her back. I could tell she had a tear falling from her eye. "I'm sorry for being a little emotional. I just don't want to see my son leave. I'll miss him every day. But I know you'll do whatever it takes Liv. You have been there for my son every step of the way."

"I hear you, Ms. Grace. I will get the job done."

Spencer and I said goodbye to everyone and we made our way to the Rams' practice facility.