Ch.34

Olivia's P.O.V

It's been almost 8 months since I found out I was pregnant again and I couldn't be happier to meet my baby boy. This is everything I ever wanted. I have a home, a great career, wonderful kids that I love more than anything in the world, my family who has stuck since day one, and most importantly, a husband who has loved and supported me since the first time I met him.

The entire family and I are at SoFi stadium cheering on Spencer and Jordan from one of the baseline suites. It was nice to see the kids out there cheering for their father and Uncle Jordan. Believe it or not, every time Spencer does something good on the football field, I feel a kick to my stomach. Every time that's happened, Spencer kept teasing me that our son is going to be a star one day and that maybe he'll follow in his father's footsteps. If I knew Spencer like I always do, there was no doubt as to why our baby boy would be something great.

I mean look at our kids right now. Brianna is already signed up for dance classes at her Auntie Kia's dance studio. Amiyah was in my Mom's lap clapping for Daddy. Avantae was playing catch with his cousin Lamar. Besides Brianna, Jasmine, and JJ, I'm happy the twins have Lamar around. Ever since my sister-in-law has been in LA, we've interacted with each other and I'm happy that she is part of our family. Lauren has been a wonderful mother to Lamar and she is a successful lawyer who just made partner at the L.A. Law Firm, and we couldn't be happy for her. She has come a long way and it's nice to see her hard work pay off.

While I was thinking about our family, Ms. Grace came and sat down next to me to see how I was doing.

"Hey, Liv. How are you and my grandson doing?"

"I'm doing okay, but your grandson is very eager to say hello to the rest of the family. He keeps kicking my stomach every time his Daddy is out on that field."

Ms. Grace started laughing. "That's exactly what it was like when I was pregnant with Spencer. He was a happy baby boy and I was truly blessed to be his mother, and now he's a father himself and it amazes me to see how much Spencer has grown as a man."

"Well, you're a part of that reason, Ms. Grace. That's why I fell in love with Spencer and he is an amazing husband and father to our four children."

Ms. Grace wipes away a tear from her face and puts her hand on my pregnant belly. "Thank you, Liv." A few seconds later I feel my stomach kick again. "Our new addition to the family can't wait to meet you, Ms. Grace."

"And I can't wait to meet him too."

A few hours later....

It's the fourth quarter and the game is at the final minute as the Rams and Seahawks and the Rams needed a touchdown to win the game.

Spencer was lined up in front of the defender and by the looks of the defense, it was a man-to-man coverage and he signaled to Jordan that he was going to go deep to the end zone. Jordan was hesitant at first because of the safety downfield, but he knew Spencer could make the play with the ball thrown in his direction.

The ball was snapped and Jordan faked the pass to the right while Spencer was able to get around the cornerback and run straight toward the end zone. Jordan then threw the ball in Spencer's direction; the ball was in the air and looked like it be overthrown, but Spencer was able to catch it, but the safety rushed towards him and tackled Spencer head first and knocked off his helmet from the hit. Luckily, Spencer still made the catch as time expired and the Rams won the game.

Everyone was cheering for the Rams when all of a sudden, everyone was quiet when the medical team was rushing towards Spencer as he was unconscious and never got up after making the game-winning catch.

"Oh my God. Spencer get up." I said and started getting emotional as should could not believe her husband was on the ground.

I wanted to rush down to the field to check on Spencer, but I couldn't do that, not while I was pregnant.

The medical staff including the team doctor walked up to check on Spencer, but he still didn't get up.

"Why is it taking so long? He always gets up from hits like that! I need him to be ok!" I said crying and Ms. Grace caught me as I almost fell to my knees and I was sobbing into her arms.

"Olivia. I know this is difficult. We want the same thing, but we have to be strong for Spencer. He is going to make it back to us."

"How do you know Ms. Grace?"

"Because I'm a mother who's been in situations like these before."

One of the medical staff members walked towards the suite and told us they were going to take Spencer to L.A. Memorial Hospital for further examination.

"Is it his heart? His head?"

"We're going to find out right now. We'll meet them at the hospital."

Thankfully the ride to the hospital was short, but we were all in the waiting room waiting for a doctor to give us an update on my husband.

While we were in the waiting room, the TV displayed the Rams' win against the Seahawks, but then broke the news that Spencer was rushed to the hospital after he did not get up after making the game-winning catch.

"Somebody turn that off now! Now!"

"Olivia, I need you to calm down. Please for the baby's sake." My Mom walked up to me while Ms. Grace was sitting next to me.

"I'm sorry. Spencer has to be okay. He needs to be okay. We need time. Especially with us just starting our lives together as husband and wife. Our kids need their father and this does not work without him." I started crying again and Ms. Grace hugged me.

"Olivia. You're going to have plenty of time. Spencer is going to make it back to you and the kids. You know the other day he visited me and told me how much you've made a difference in his life and that he gets to spend the rest of his life with you. But Liv, the truth is, he never let anyone get close to him until you came along. When you and Brianna came into his life, he was a different man than I saw him before."

"Ms. Grace, he adores you."

"I know, but children grow apart from their parents, and that's fine, as long as they're happy. And he is happy with you. And that's all I ever wanted for my son."

I smiled at Ms. Grace as I rubbed my belly.

A few minutes later, the doctor walks towards the waiting room and gets our attention. "Family of Spencer James."
------------------------------------------------------
Hey, y'all. Sorry for the late update. I had a writer's block, but glad I was able to come up with something. The interactions between Liv and Ms. Grace are heartwarming as they are happy to have each other in their lives. Spelivia is close to welcoming their baby boy to this world, but now everyone is praying that Spencer going to be okay after the massive hit he took to score the game-winning touchdown. Please excuse any mistakes or grammar errors. Let me know your thoughts in the comments section.