Ch.23

Spencer's P.O.V

I was in the ambulance with Liv as we made our way to the hospital. All the things I said to her, I want to take them back. If I didn't go the practice facility and would've taken Brianna and Liv with me, none of this would've happened. My thoughts were interrupted when the EMT got my attention as we pulled up to the emergency entrance.

I was walking fast alongside the EMT as I did not want to leave Liv's side. She needs me as much as I need her. "Please be careful. My fiancé's pregnant." I told the EMT next to me.

We made it to one of the entrances inside the hospital when one of the doctors stopped me. "Mr. James, this is as far as you can go."

"What? No! I can't leave my fiancé!"

"Mr. James we both want the same thing, but for that to happen, we need to wait in the waiting room and will call you with an update." I was furious yet sad as I watched them take the love of my life away from me.

I was sitting in the waiting room waiting for an update on Liv. A few moments later, I see my Mom, D'Angelo, Coach Baker, Mrs. Baker, and Jordan walking in. "Oh my god. Spencer, what happened? Where's Liv?" Mrs. Baker asked me.

"She's being looked at right now, but I don't know if she's conciseness. She didn't wake up when I found her and Dylan. I rode with her in the ambulance and she didn't wake up on the way or when we got here. I've been waiting here ever since." I started to break down with tears falling from my eyes. "I'm so sorry Coach and Mrs. Baker. I was supposed to protect her. I failed you. I failed Brianna. But I failed Olivia. If I would've just been on time, none of this would've happened."

Mrs. Baker grabbed my hand and sat me down trying to help me calm down. "Spencer. Look at me. This is not your fault. We all didn't know she was in trouble. I need you to be strong for Liv."

"Yes ma'am."

We all see the doctor walk towards us in the waiting room. "Family for Olivia Baker."

I run up to the doctor asking her how Liv's condition is. "How is she?"

"She is conscious but is resting right now due to a mild concussion. We're still running some more tests on her regarding the baby, but will let you know when they come out."

"Can I please wait in her room?" I asked the doctor.

"Yes, of course. She's in room 324." I walked down the hall looking for Liv's room. When I finally found it and walked in, I saw her lying in the hospital bed with bandages wrapped around her head and bruises on her face. I started getting emotional again because it broke me to see her like this.

I walked up to Liv, pulled a chair next to her bed, and held her hand. "I'm so sorry Liv. I should've been there for you and Brianna this morning, and not walked out that door to football practice." I kissed her hand and let her rest. A few moments later while I was sitting across from Liv, I saw my Mom walk in. "Hey, son."

"Hi, Mom."

"How are you holding up?"

"Not too good. I was so awful to her Mom. The things I said, I want to take them all back."

"Spencer. If there's no room in relationships for mistakes, none of them would last more than a week. Tell her you're sorry. And mean it. Then give her some time."

"I thought she was leaving me."

"Not this one son. She's tenacious. Especially about the things she loves. And she does love you, Spencer. You know that don't you?"

"Yes. Yes, I do."

"Good." My mom hugs me and we both hear Liv starting to wake up.

"Olivia." I walked towards her.