Ch.29

Olivia's P.O.V

I was nervously waiting for Spencer to come downstairs because I knew I had to explain to him why I let Lauren and her son in our house.

Lauren and Lamar looked like they haven't eaten in days. When I gave them something to eat, they didn't slow down one bit. "Both of you ok? Do you need anything else?" I asked Lauren.

"No, we're ok. What do you say, Lamar?" She said.

"Thank you." He smiled at me.

"You're welcome."

"Olivia, thank you again. I know I'm not on the best of terms with Spencer, but he is my brother and I want to make things right with him."

"I know."

All of a sudden, I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and that only meant one thing, Spencer is coming, and hoping he'll be willing to listen.

"Liv? You ready to pick the kids from-" He was cut off when he saw Lauren. "What the hell are you doing here?!?! I told you to leave my house."

"Spencer, please. I just want to-" He cuts Lauren off.

"I don't care. You almost got me and my family killed and will be damned to let that happen again if I were to bring you into my life again. So you and this kid need to leave now."

Lauren grabbed Lamar and was about to walk out before she questioned Spencer.

"So it's like that Spencer? You won't even hear me out? You know when I first saw you and Olivia with your family, I kept thinking what kind of a man Spencer is and how Corey would be proud, but if he saw you today, he would be ashamed. You are a family man, but you won't even hear your own sister out? Now you're kicking me and your nephew out of the house." She told Spencer with tears welling in her eyes as he was caught off guard when he found out the kid is Lauren's son.

"What? My nephew?"

"Yeah, but it's clear I'm still a burden on you Spencer. I wanted to make things right, but I guess that's too much to ask from you." Lauren said to him and opened the door.

"Lauren! Wait! Don't go yet. Just stay right here. Spencer, I need to talk to you upstairs." I said as I turned on the TV for Lauren and Lamar and handed her a box of tissues.

Spencer and I made our way upstairs and I'm hoping he'll at least hear me out.
------------------------------------------------------
Spencer's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe this. Liv, the woman who is going to be my wife, brought back my past that I wanted gone for good.

"Olivia, why would you let my sister into our house after everything that I told you about her?"

"Spencer you have to believe that I told her you wanted nothing to do with her, but when I saw Lamar come out of her car, it made me realize that she might be a single mother and needed help."

"Liv it's not the same thing."

"No, it isn't, but I've been in her shoes Spencer. She and Lamar, your nephew, both need you and you're turning your back on them. What if it was me and Brianna?"

I started getting emotional. "Liv, don't say that. You know I would never do that to you or Brianna. Both of you are my family." I said as I grabbed her hands with tears welling up in my eyes.

"But you're not acting like it for Lauren and Lamar! They are your family too Spencer! This is not the man you are or I fell in love with! It's like I don't even know who you are Spencer. Just please, hear her out."