Ch.18

Spencer's P.O.V

These past two years have been nothing short of amazing. From Super Bowl champ to becoming the highest-paid receiver in the NFL, to winning another league MVP and Offensive Player of the Year award, and winning back-to-back Super Bowls with the LA Rams for the first time in NFL history since Tom Brady did with the New England Patriots back in 2004 and 2005. But off the field, I did many endorsement deals where many people would get my attention because of how good of an NFL player I am. These accomplishments have been nice, but none of this wouldn't be possible without the #1 woman in my life, Olivia Baker, she may be my agent, but she's also the love of my life. She has changed my life. And ever since she and Brianna moved with me, I couldn't be happier.

I've been thinking about this for a long time, and now I'm ready to take the next big step between me and Liv. At first, I was nervous when I made the call, but I wanted to be honest with them, so I asked Laura, Billy, and Jordan if they could come by my house because I wanted their blessing to marry Liv.

Once they made it to my house, I greeted them, "Hello Mrs. Baker, Coach Billy, Jordan. I want to thank you all for coming. There is something very important I would like to ask you." I said.

"Of course Spencer, what is it that you wanted to tell us?" Laura asked as we made our way to the living room.

Okay, here goes nothing. "As you all know, me and Olivia have been together for two years, and she has been nothing but an amazing partner. The best I could ask for. What I am trying to say is, I wanted to ask you if I could have each of your blessings to ask for Olivia's hand in marriage." I said as I pulled out a small black box and opened it showing an engagement ring. At first, they all seemed surprised by this announcement, but then they couldn't help but smile.

"Spence, you've been like a brother to me since I entered the league. You've done right by my sister and niece. You never needed my blessing, but I thank you for asking me. You have my blessing." Jordan said and walked up and hugged me.

"Spencer, after looking back these two years and I would ask myself who would be the man I would want my daughter to be with, it's you. Not only have you made a difference to my daughter, but you've also made a difference to my granddaughter. You treat Brianna like she's your own. She even calls you Dad. I haven't seen my daughter this happy in a really long time, and I thank you, Spencer James. My answer is yes, you have my blessing." She smiled, walked up, and hugged me."

After getting Jordan and Laura's approval, we all looked at Billy. "Spencer, as a father, you want to make sure your kids continue to do well in life. I worried so much about Olivia because of what she went through six years ago. I saw her struggle a lot, and sometimes she wouldn't reach out to us because of it. I felt like I failed her." He paused and put his hand on my shoulder. But ever since you came into her life, you have made my daughter the happiest person in the world. I'm happy I get to interact with her more at the family events, and hearing how much you've meant to her and Brianna, I couldn't be happier and kept thinking to myself, if Liv were to marry someone that'll do right by her and her daughter, it would be you. With that being said, you have my blessing Spencer." He smiles and I reach out to shake his hand. He shakes it, but also pulls me in for a hug.

"Thank you. All of you." They smiled back at me.

"Any ideas on how you're going to propose to Liv?" Jordan asked me.

"I'm going to take her for a romantic dinner at Nobu Malibu. Then when I take her outside, there will be a set up in front of the ocean. She will be confused at first, but then she'll look back at me, and that's when I get on one knee and ask her to marry me. But I also wanted to see if you and the rest of the family could surprise her. I also have fireworks that'll go off afterward. When that happens, that's when you all come and surprise her."