Ch.28

Spencer's P.O.V

"Spencer, I'm only going to ask you this one time and I expect you to be fully honest with me." Liv said to me.

"Okay. Full honesty." I told her.

"Who is Lauren and how does she know you?" She asked me as I was speechless when she mentioned her name.

"Olivia. Lauren is my half-sister."

"Wait. Your mom had another kid?"

"No. My dad had another kid. Remember how I told you he left me when I was little?"

"Yes."

"Well, when my dad left me and my family, he decided to start his life with someone else. Then when I finally saw him again, of course, it took some time to regain his trust, but one day, when we were finally on good terms, he told me I had a sister. Then that's when I saw her for the first time."

"Lauren. Does your mom know about her?"

"Yeah. She eventually came around and accepted it, but I was shocked that he had another kid, and I assumed the worst. I kept thinking about why he never returned. He didn't miss me because he replaced me. I blamed myself every day he was gone." Tears started to fall from my face.

"Spencer it wasn't your fault. You have to stop blaming yourself for other people's actions. You can't control them."

"I know. I know. But eventually, I came around and gave Lauren a chance. And it worked out because the more we got to know each other, we finally had a relationship. Every time I looked into her eyes, I thought to myself, 'This is my little sister'."

"So then what happened Spencer?"

"After we found out about Corey being diagnosed with cancer, Lauren didn't take it too well, especially when he only had a few months left, even if he tried to do chemo. I tried to help Lauren through this, but she kept avoiding me. And that's when she started hanging with the wrong crowd, especially when she was in college. There was this one guy who she would hang out with all the time. I even saw him at my father's funeral, but I saw a monster in him, no matter how much he tried to get me on his good side. It never worked."

"Who's the guy your sister was hanging around?"

"Tariq St. Patrick."

"He may act like he's a good kid because he also goes to college, but he's a monster who's involved in working with a drug family. I was afraid that Lauren would be a part of that, but she wasn't. I just like him around because you never know what could happen. I heard that people who are Tariq, eventually end up dead or in jail. I tried to get her away from him but to no avail."

"Spencer I get that she's your sister, but you can't control her actions. I'm sorry if sounds selfish, but it's the truth. You tried to help Lauren."

"But that's not the worst of it."

"What happened?"

"A drug deal gone wrong. Tariq played a big part in it. The mistake was his fuck up and because of that. His bosses, Monet and Lorenzo Tejada, sent their kids, Cane, Diana, and Dru after my family as punishment."

"Oh my god."

"I know. But we got lucky?"

"How?"

I looked down and closed my eyes as I was afraid to tell Liv what happened.

"Spencer. It's okay. You can tell me." She said lifting my chin and holding my hands.

"I killed them. I had no choice. They were going to kill my Mom, Dillion, and Lauren. If I wasn't strapped, I wouldn't be here right now. We would have never met Liv." I said as tears fell from my face.

"Spencer. Look at me."

"You did what you had to do."

"You understand why I did what I did?"

"I do." She hugged me and I kissed her on her forehead.

"When word got out that the Tejada kids were killed, Monet and Lorenzo were after us, but luckily my Mom made sure our family was moved to safety. Everyone except Lauren. I told her, 'Tariq would look for you, and as long as you're with him, you can't be anywhere near my family'. I was so frustrated with her in more ways than one. Lauren chose to be with Tariq instead of her own family. She put our family in danger. I told her to leave and never look back. That was the last thing I said to my sister and I haven't heard from her since. I know it sounded selfish to say, but I tried to tell her Tariq was bad news, but she wouldn't listen to me. Because of that, it almost cost me and my family's life."

"Spencer I didn't know. I'm so sorry you went through all that. It's just the way she went up to me at the store, she sounded desperate and I was caught off guard when she knew my name because I've never met her."

"It's okay Liv. You know I would never cheat on you. You and the kids are my world."

"I know Spencer. You are my everything. My other half." Liv kisses me with passion.

A few seconds later, we hear the doorbell ringing.

"I'll get it."

I open the door and was surprised at who was standing in front of me.

"Hi, Spencer."

"What the hell are you doing here Lauren?"

"I need to talk to you." She said.

"Hell no. I meant what I said when I told you to leave and never look back. Get the fuck off my doorstep."

"Spencer! Wait!" I slammed the door in my face.

"Spencer, who was that?"

"It was Lauren. But I had nothing to say to her. I'm gonna go take a shower. When I get done, we can pick up the kids from your Mom's house."

"Sounds like a plan." I kissed her and went upstairs.
----------------------------------
Olivia's P.O.V.

While I was waiting for Spencer to get dressed, I heard the doorbell ring again.

"One sec." I shouted as I made my way to the door.

When I opened the door, I saw Lauren again.

"Lauren, what are you doing here? Spencer made it quite clear that he doesn't want you here."

"I know, but I need your help. I-" She was cut off when a little boy was running toward us. "Mommy! I'm hungry! You said this wouldn't take long."

"I know. Lamar, just give me a few more minutes and we'll leave.

Mommy? Does that mean what I think it means?

"Lauren. Why don't you and Lamar come inside? I'll get you guys something to eat and we can talk."

Lauren picked up her son and walked into the house.

"Thank you, Olivia."

Lord, I hope Spencer won't be mad at me for this.
----------------------------------
Surprise! Turns out Lauren is Spencer's half-sister. He wanted Lauren to stay away from him because she would be part of the reason why his family would be in danger. But she's back and is asking for help. What do you think will happen next? Please excuse any mistakes or grammar errors. Let me know your thoughts in the comments section.