Ch.35

Olivia's P.O.V

"Family of Spencer James." I heard the doctor as we all stood up and made our way in his direction.

"Yes. How is he?"

"Spencer suffered a major concussion and the hit he took caused some brain damage. To help with the healing process, we had to put Spencer in a coma."

"Um. In...in...in a coma?" I hesitantly asked the doctor.

"For how long?"

"Based on the damage to his brain, it could possibly take up to a month."

I was shocked by the response Spencer's doctor said to me that my legs started to shake and almost fainted.

"Olivia? Honey was it?" My Mom came up to me and sat me down on one of the chairs.

"Mrs. James. If you're expecting then I highly suggest you check yourself in." The doctor said as he thought I was going into labor.

"No doctor. I'm fine. I just need to know what happens next. Is my husband facing life or death?"

"All we can do is wait Mrs. James and time will tell. We are running some more tests of Spencer's brain and will let you know when the results come back. If you need anything, please let us know."

"Can I please see my husband?"

"Yes. Right this way."

The doctor took us to Spencer's room and I saw bandages wrapped around his head and an oxygen mask covering his mouth.

Hearing the slow beeping sounds and seeing Spencer lying on the bed was one of the scariest moments of my life.

I could not afford to lose the father of my children and the love of my life.

"What am I going to do? Spencer is my whole life. It is not complete without him. My kids need their father in their lives." I said as I rubbed my pregnant belly.

"Olivia. Listen to me. You can't give up hope. I know you're sad and scared, but so am I. We all need to be strong for Spencer. I will interact with my son again. I will see him playing with my grandkids. And I will see him by your side again with you two smiling at each other." Ms. Grace said proudly as she wiped away my tears.

A Few Weeks Later....

These past couple of weeks have been very difficult for me and my family. Every day I come to the hospital and sit next to Spencer and talk about my day and how the kids are doing. Even though he couldn't talk to me, deep down he could hear me. I missed him so much that I even told him what we could see ourselves in the future; like getting to see him walk Brianna and Amiyah down the aisle on their wedding days, seeing our boys getting drafted, and maybe playing on the same team as you, and even seeing them have kids of their own and we watch them and I enjoy life with you Spencer James, my other half.

Some of the family members would stop by as well. Lauren was devastated by the news. She just got her big brother back and she didn't want to lose him again, just like she lost Corey. Jordan has also taken Spencer's injury very difficult. He blames himself because he was the one who made the throw that led the defender to make the hit on Spencer. Many people were calling for Jordan's head because they put the Ram's franchise player's career in jeopardy. This hurt me and my family. Everything that Spencer and Jordan have done for the organization and they're going to be talking shot and saying death threats? It's immature, selfish, and unnecessary. Every sports athlete knows the risk of injuries, and it happens, but they will fight to live another day.

"Spencer. If you can hear me in there. Just know that I love you and I need you to come back. Come back to me, the kids, our families, we all need you. You are the backbone, the glue that keeps everything together, you are our everything." I said as I kissed his forehead and continued to sit right next to him.
------------------------------------------------------
Spencer's P.O.V.

I was walking around all confused as I had no idea where I was until I saw a bright light from a distance.

"Hello? Is anyone there?"

"Spencer." I see a man walking towards me.

That voice. Why is that voice familiar?

When the light started to fade I saw the man caught me off guard.

"Son."

"Dad? Is that you?"

"It's me, Spencer."

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, my father was alive. I walked towards him and hugged him with tears in my eyes as I did not want to let go.

"Where am I?"

"You had a massive head injury and you're in a coma to help the healing process."

"Am I dead?"

"No. You're very much alive son."

"I missed you so much, Dad. There is so much I want to tell you."

"I know, but we don't have much time."

"What do you mean?"

"I came here to remind you that you have a lot to fight for; that are many people in your life who need you."

"I know, but I need you too Dad. You can't leave me again."

"I'm not. I'm always looking from above. I've seen you become the man I've wanted you to be, a better man than me."

"Thanks, Dad."

"Come with me."

We go through another time dimension and I see my family.

"Look at all the people that you've made a difference to son. Your little brother Dillion. He always followed your lead growing up and I'm happy about the man he's become and how you've checked on him from time to time to see how he's doing. Your little sister Lauren; it brought tears of joy to see you two reunite and now you guys wrong relationship and you've been an amazing uncle to Lamar. You've been like a father figure to him and I couldn't be happier. Speaking of grandkids, I'm so happy with the family you and Liv built, seeing Amiyah, Avantae, and Brianna grow up. They are so lucky to have you as parents. Now you and Olivia are about to welcome your baby boy. The more reason to continue fighting Spencer. Olivia is so lucky to have you as her husband. You always continue to do right by her, making sure she's good. Like all those years before you got married you would check up on her and Brianna, and to see you give her your last name, I'm so proud of you son. You treated Brianna as if she was your own daughter. You're a good man Spencer James, and I'm happy that you're my son. This won't be the last we'll see each other. Just look up to the sky, and know that I'm always looking down on you. I got you. Forever and always. I love you son."

"I love you too, Dad." We hugged each other with tears in both our eyes.

In an instant, I was now in today's timeline as I opened my eyes and looked back and forth and I felt my wife holding my hand as I looked in her direction.

"Spencer?" Liv said my name with tears of joy in her eyes.
------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys. Sorry for the delay again. My schedule has been crazy and I haven't been able to post as much. Not really my best chapter and I didn't want to leave you guys hanging, but I apologize for any confusion. Spencer is alive and back where he belongs. More to come with Seplivia and their family. Please excuse any mistake or grammar errors. Thank you for reading and let me know your thoughts in the comments section.