Ch.24

Spencer's P.O.V

Over these past few weeks, I've realized that you can't take anything for granted because something can happen in a blink of an eye. When Liv was in the hospital, it made me realize that I need to be there for the people of love. When I missed the Father's Day event, I let down Liv and Brianna. It meant so much to both of them because they never had a chance to truly celebrate it. I messed up with Brianna by not being there for her on Father's Day. If I can go back in time and fix it, I do it in a heartbeat. So I decided that I should make it up to her, and I also want Liv to be there because I wanted her to see that I'm committed to our family.

"Good morning, baby." I said to Liv as she woke up.

"Good morning."

"So Liv, I have a surprise for Brianna."

"What is it?"

"Before I tell you, I wanted to say that I know I messed up on Father's Day and wanted to make it up to you and Brianna. It may not feel the same, but I'm hoping it would be a start."

"Spencer. You've done so much for us. You're already an amazing father. I meant it when I said I would only want you to be the father of my children."

"I know. I know. But I wasn't there for Brianna and want to do this."

"Okay". She smiled and kissed me. "So what did you have in mind?"

"We take Brianna to Disneyland and head to the castle, and we walk inside, there will be portraits of The Little Mermaid, and when we get to the room, we see Halle Bailey singing 'Part of Your World'. I know that's Brianna's favorite song because every time we watch the movie, she sings to it when the song comes on."

"Baby! How did you arrange that?"

"Well I reached out to one of the owners from The Walt Disney Company and he help me arrange this event."

"What about Halle Bailey?"

"One of my teammate's sister is really good friends with her and I reached out to her and see if she could come. Thankfully, she agreed."

"Brianna is going to be so excited to see her."

I walk into Brianna's ready to tell her the surprise I had for her.

"Hey, baby girl."

"Hi, Daddy."

"I have a surprise for you."

"What is it?"

"I'll tell you, but I need you to get ready. The surprise will be here."

"Ok, Daddy."

After Brianna got ready, we all got in the car and we made our way to Disneyland. When we arrived, Brianna was full of excitement. "Yay! Daddy, we're at Disneyland!"

"We sure are Brianna." Luckily, she doesn't know what's to come. Hopefully, she'll love it.

When we got inside Disneyland, we were heading to the castle. "Daddy? Where are we going?"

"You'll find out soon. Come here. Let me carry you." I picked up Brianna and she was sitting on my shoulders." Liv couldn't help but smile. I looked in her direction and mouthed at her, "I love you." She blew me a kiss.

After a few minutes, we made it to the castle. "Daddy! Look at the castle!"

"I see it. Let's go inside it."

We made our way inside and when we made it past one of the employees, I cued them to start the second half of the surprise for Brianna. There were portraits of The Little Mermaid and Brianna was amazed by this. The portraits lead us to a little theater and we made our way inside.