16.

The lights were bright and the music loud. I shielded my eyes as I could feel the bass of the music reverberating in my chest.

Bill waved at me and I joined him on the dance floor. We danced, our bodies following the rhythm of the music.

Just then, I felt arms being wrapped around my waist. I turned back and, as soon as I did, I felt lips connect with mine. I was shocked at first but then I knew who it was.

I pulled away and smiled widely. It was Bryce. He beamed at me and pecks my lips. "What are you doing here ?" He yelled over the music.

"What are YOU doing here ?" I laughed.

"My friend was invited and he invited me with him." He leaned down to my ear so I could hear him.

"That's cool ! I'm glad you're here !" I grinned. He joined me and Bill and started dancing with us.

Bill seemed to like him as they both started vibing. We all discoed. A few minutes later, Gustav joined us.

The party went on for an additional hour. Until we were all worn out. Bill then invited us to follow him into the garage and we did, the music finally muffled out as the ringing in my ears softened. We found Tom hanging out on the couch with a tall gorgeous girl that I immediately recognised.

"LAURA !" I shrieked and the brunette's eyes widened.

"Mars, what the hell ?!" She hugged me excitedly. "I'm so happy !"

"You guys know each other ?" Tom's gaze met mine then Laura's.

"We dated for a while." The girl explained.

Bill exploded into laughter. "What are the odds ?!"

I giggled. "Yeah, I feel like I know everyone at your party."

Each one of them greeted the other and exchanged names then we all sat in the garage.

Bryce rested in the sofa chair and I sat beside him, my legs over his lap. Tom and Laura were sitting on the couch in each other's arms while Gustav and Bill settled down on the carpet.

For some reason, it felt awkward. Despite the fact that Bill, Gustav and Bryce got along well and were casually converting. My gaze couldn't help but shift to the couple on the couch.

They were full-on making out and I grimaced, looking away. Couldn't they just go to Tom's room ? Why did they have to do it in front of us ?

Laura was moaning into the guitarist's mouth as he grabbed her waist roughly, pulling her closer to him.

As if he could read my mind, Bill exclaimed. "Oh my god ! Get a room, you two, we can't hear ourselves anymore with your kissing and moaning !"

Tom pulled out of her embrace and smirked. "Sorry. You guys walked in on us, it's not my fault you have to endure our interaction."

"That's not an interaction, this is practically dry-humping." I rolled my eyes and the girl beside him giggled shyly.

Laura was a dear friend of mine, we grew up in the same school and quickly became friends. When we were sixteen, she confessed having a crush on me and we dated for a few months. But I broke up with her soon after, cause I felt like she was too much of a brag. She always babbled to her friends about how much we had sex, giving out too much detail about our intimacy, and, after a while, it became too awkward for me.

"Alright, alright. We'll stop." Laura finally gave in.

"We are ?" Tom's head shot in her direction.

"Yes." She glared at him and he threw his head back in annoyance. "Let's play a game ! Truth or dare ?"