44.

POV Tom

I inhaled from my cigarette frustratedly. "Fuck this. It was going so well and, now, Chrissy shows up and messes with my life like it's fucking nothing."

"Maybe Mars isn't as mad about it as you think." Georg shrugged his shoulders, drinking from his coffee.

"Oh my god, she literally was like 'we're not a couple, do whatever you want'. I know we're not a couple but we're... something. She can't just fucking tell me to do what I want as if what we have isn't important."

"We both know how Mars is. Maybe she's starting to get scared at the idea of you two dating."

I sighed, brushing a hand through my hair. "Shit, Georg, I'm not ready to go through that again. I don't like dating either cause I just can't seem to like anyone for real. But with Mars, I'm... I'm falling for her, man. If she's going to be reluctant, I'm just going to drop it."

"There's no way we're ghosting her again, Tom. I'm warning you." My friend looked around the café we were hanging out at.

"Yeah, I know." I dropped my head on the table.

Fuck, Mars, why did you have to make it this hard for me ?

"Here they are." Georg exclaimed when he finally saw Bill and Gustav come into the coffee shop.

"Let me guess. He spent the entire time whining to you about Mars, didn't he ?" Bill took a seat next to Georg.

"Yup. Exactly." The bassist responded and I flipped both of them off.

"Speaking about Mars, I actually invited her to come. Is that okay ?" Gustav smiled and my head shot in his direction.

"You're joking, right ?" I glared in his direction.

"No, I... I didn't know you guys were in a fight. I... Sorry, man, Mars and I have stuff to talk about and I just thought about inviting her since we were all hanging out anyways."

"Shit." I bit my lip.

"Why are you afraid of her, Tom ?" Bill grimaced. "Stop acting like a fucking child."

"I'm not afraid." I defended. "I just... stormed off last time I saw her and I don't know what to say to her when she gets here."

"Well, you better think about it cause she's probably on her way now." Gustav smirked mischievously.

I jumped out of my seat, grabbing my phone and my cigarette pack and stuffing them in my pockets. "I'm just going to leave. Bill, just pay for my coffee. Don't tell her I ran away !"

The rest of the group were laughing at me and I just frowned before hurrying out of the café.

I couldn't see her, not after I stormed off. What if she asks me why I was mad at her ? I couldn't admit that I was upset we weren't a couple. We had to take this slow but I didn't want to, I just couldn't fucking tell her. This-

I bumped harshly into someone as I was leaving the coffee shop. I cursed under my breath and looked down to see who I crashed into during my race out of here.

Blood dripped off my face when Mars gazed up to me with a smile. "Easy there, you almost made me drop my phone." She giggled.

"I... sorry, I..."

"Where you going ?" She asked curiously and I gulped.

"I was... I was going out to meet... I mean, see... buy a lighter. Mine's out." I finally let out after stuttering like a kid.

She stared at me with furrowed eyebrows then she beamed. "I have one, come on. Let's join the others."

She grabbed my sleeve and walked into the café, pulling me behind her as I just followed. When we got to the table where the group was sitting, they all looked surprised to see me and I glared at Bill who was fighting for his life not to laugh.