27.

"Here we are..." I spoke after a few minutes of silence. We had been in the car for the past fifteen minutes in complete quiet, parked in front of Cleo's building.

"Yup... You're here." He stated.

"Thank you for driving me." I added, looking up to him.

He smirked. "You thanked me pretty well earlier."

I punched his shoulder playfully. "I hate you..."

"No, you don't."

"Yeah, I don't." I smiled. "I'll have to go though."

He looked down. "I know... You don't know how much I'm mad about the fact that I can't be here for you. I'm aware that you're going to see your father at some point even if I literally told you a thousand times that I didn't want you to."

"I'm sorry, Tom. But it's my father. I have to deal with him myself, like I've been doing for years now."

His jaw clenched but he didn't talk back. "Alright, Mars. Please take care of yourself." He finally said and I sent him a small smile.

"I will." I opened the car door and got out. "Please tell the others I miss them already."

He laughed. "Alright."

"Thanks, Tom." I grinned softly and he returned my smile with a wink.

"Anytime, Mars." He started the car. "Be careful." And then, he drove away.

I remained there for a few moments, standing up on the pavement with my bag and my suitcase by my feet.

I was going to miss them so much.

. ° .• °:.*° . . ° .• °:.*° .

I arranged my clothes in my usual clothing rack. The one Cleo left me in her spare room.

It was the fourth time I was going to spend some days in here and I felt incredibly bad about how much I took advantage of her kindness. Despite the fact that Cleo was slowly becoming a mother figure to me, I couldn't help but feel guilty about it.

I was laying on the bed I was used to when the front door of the apartment finally opened and a tired looking woman entered the space.

I got up and hurried to greet her. "Hi, mama."

She smiled at the nickname. "Mars, hi. Why are you still up ? It's almost four in the morning."

"I couldn't sleep. Overthinking about the next days." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You're going to be okay, darling. You're safe here and the mess with your dad is going to be figured out easily like always."

I nodded slowly.

"Alright now..." She hung her coat by the door and threw her bags under it. "I'm going to bed cause I'm so worn out."

"Okay." I pecked her cheek rapidly before bidding her good night and walking up to my room.

Tomorrow was going to be a long day...

. ° .• °:.*° . . ° .• °:.*° .

Cleo suggested to drive me to the studio in the morning. When I finally arrived, I urged towards the building.

"Mars, holy fuck, thank god !" The middle aged man dropped the documents he was holding and ran up to me. "You look... homeless." (☆)

"Thanks, Kev, I missed you too." I smiled.

"You have papers to sign and you have calls to make. This isn't going to be a good day for you."