43.

POV Mars

"Alright, that's enough for today. You can all put your papers on my desk and I'll give them back to you next Monday with the observations." I stood up from my drum set. "I will ask you all to practice these songs at home and we'll work on them next session. Is that okay for everyone ?" My students all acquiesced, leaving their drum sets and gathering their stuff before leaving.

I did the same and grabbed my backpack, walking out. Today's classes went harder than I expected. I wasn't feeling my best for the last three days.

I didn't want to overeact about it but I had to admit that the day I walked in on Tom and Chrissy in his apartment was kind of hard to process. It wasn't that alarming but the thought that he wasn't as serious about this as I was stung my heart. Maybe they were hanging out as friends and maybe they were fucking, I didn't care.

All I knew was that I should take a step back from this and be more careful. I was starting to trust Tom and I was scared of how quickly I did. I didn't plan on shutting him off completely but dealing with this slower was probably a better idea.

I got in my car and drove home. I was getting exhausted of the social interactions but I couldn't do anything about it, I had to work. I had a lawyer's appointment later today and my head ached just at the thought of it.

When I finally got to my apartment, I changed (☆) into more comfortable clothes. I cracked a beer open and sat back on my bed with a sigh. I looked at my phone and pursed my lips when I saw Tom's millionth message today.

 I looked at my phone and pursed my lips when I saw Tom's millionth message today

I felt bad for not answering him like I'm used to. But I just had to take a step back and think about this. We had been texting non-stop these past few days and, maybe, if I calmed down with the texting, we'd be able to take this slow like I wished we would.

I was just starting to feel relaxed when a knock on my door made me jump. "Who is it ?" I groaned from my bed, there was no way I was going to get up and open the door for the concierge.

No one answered, instead, the knocking just resounded louder. "Fuck off !" I roared, walking angrily to the entryway and opening the door. "...Tom."

the lond haired man just scratched the back of his neck with a smile. "Hey."

"What are you doing here ?"

"I just thought I'd come by since you kind of... text weird."

"I text weird ?" I furrowed my eyebrows, sipping from my beer as we both penetrated the apartment.

"Yeah, your texts sound dry."

"That's just how I text." I looked around nervously.

"No, it isn't. You're acting different since the day with Chrissy." He lit up a cigarette and I sat down on the kitchen counter.