17.

(☆)
I watched the landscapes unfold as we drove by. I was listening to my music on my headphones while the tour bus crossed the countless cities. We have been driving for a day now, Tokio Hotel had a concert in Amsterdam tomorrow night and we were going to spend the night in a hotel there.

I was casually chilling in one of the chairs when I felt a presence beside me.

I snatched my gaze away from the window and turned around to be met with a smiling spiky haired boy.

"Can you stop being so angry now ?" He exclaimed and I rolled my eyes.

"No, I want to stay angry for a little longer please." I looked back at the landscapes but Bill insisted.

"You can just ignore Tom and hang out with us. Don't isolate yourself like this."

I shook my head. "Whatever, Bill. I'll join you guys later." The boy pouted but gave in nonetheless. He left the chair compartment and joined the rest of the band members in the couch area.

As I was finally alone with my thoughts, another band member decided to join me. But when I saw it was the guitarist, I groaned, looking away from him so he would get the hint.

"I'm not leaving, Mars. We're going to talk about it." He declared.

"I don't want to talk about it." I pursed my lips.

"You know I don't regret it, right ?" He added. "If you expect me to apologise, that's not going to happen."

I turned to him, fuming with anger. "What you did was unnecessary and has fucking consequences. What if my dad decides to press charges ? You're crazy."

"I don't really care if he does. When I drove you home to get your stuff before the tour, I knew damn well I wouldn't be able to stop myself from punching him."

"It was stupid !" I exclaimed. "You can't go around hitting people and not expecting them to react !"

"Well, I'm sorry but I couldn't look your father in the eyes and say 'hello' casually like you did." He tilted his head to the side.

As hard as it was for me to admit, I wasn't that angry with him. When he dropped me off to pack my bags for the tour, I knew I didn't want him to meet my father, after all the stories he had heard about him.

But he insisted in following me into the house in case I encountered my dad. I tried to tell him I was fine and that my father wouldn't do anything but he didn't believe me.

And, after I packed my bag and we were ready to leave, my father stepped up and asked where I was going. Tom didn't even hesitated before he landed a hardcore punch into his face and the old man fell back, with a bloody nose and a loud groan.

I was standing in shock as the scene unwrapped before me, but I would lie if I said that it wasn't the most beautiful thing anyone had ever done for me.

Despite that, I couldn't tell Tom that I was happy he did that. In case my father presses charges against him and he would get into deep shit because of me. So I had to act annoyed about it so he would understand the gravity of his action.

"You're right." I sighed. "But you should know you're not safe from my father yet. He's probably planning to either tell on you or hunting you down."

"Great. Can't wait to see him again." Tom smirked and a small smile drew on my lips.

"Don't get too enthusiastic, he's probably waiting for you with a gun."

"Oh no, I just peed my pants." He sarcastically said before standing up. He then stretched a hand out to me with a smile. "Come on, let's join the others."

I grinned, grabbing his hand and following him into the other compartment where couches and a little kitchenette was presented.

Gustav was chatting with Bill while Georg was making a sandwich. Tom and I sat on the couch as I placed my legs on his lap and he sat back, playing with his phone.

"So !" Bill turned to us. "I spoke with the team that's going to be taking care of us on tomorrow's concert. They decided to let us choose a theme for the tour with the costumes."

"That's so cool." I smiled excitedly. "What's the theme ?"

"I was thinking 'Outer Space'." Gustav suggested. "Do you like it ? Bill and Georg approved."

"It's perfect." Tom looked up from his phone with a stoic expression.

"Yeah, I agree." I nodded.

"I spoke with the manager in Amsterdam and he said he could give us a few stuff for the clothes but we need to go shopping."

"I feel like we should all wear something a bit robotic if you know what I mean. And Bill gets a more extravagant look." Georg explained and I acquiesced.

"Yeah, if you all are matching, it would look so good on stage."

"You're going to be wearing a costume too, you know ?" Gustav pointed at me and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"But I'm not playing the concert, it wouldn't make sense."

"It's for the afterparty." Tom turned to me as he explained. "We always go out for drinks after the concert. So you would look stupid if we all match and you don't."

"Alright." I shrugged my shoulders carelessly. "Costume it is."

"I'm so excited to go shopping in Amsterdam !!" Bill shrieked.

"Same..." Tom smirked, referring to the countless prostitues in that specific city.

"I can't wait to see our fans." Gustav added.

"You can't wait to see the hotties." The guitarist corrected and Gustav looked down in shame.

"You're right." He laughed and I pressed my lips together. I remembered what Tom had said about Gustav's commitment to his girlfriend and I couldn't admit that he was probably right.

"What about your girlfriend in Paris ?" I glared at him and he started looking around nervously.

"We're more of an open relationship. I let her do what she wants and she does the same." The drummer explained, stuttering.

I squinted my eyes and he looked down. I knew he was lying and it was a real shame that my old friend would do something like that. I didn't think he was capable of it.

We conversed for a little while. Bill babbled about our costumes and what he wanted his to look like while I just listened to music with Tom as we shared his earphones.

We also got a video call from Alexis, we talked and we had fun showing them the bus and the compartments. Bill seamed quite sad about Alexis not coming with us but they had a lot of work and couldn't make it. I also would have wanted them to come by.

The road trip lasted for about two more hours before we finally arrived at the hotel in Amsterdam. It was gorgeous, the edifice was tall and had beautiful fountains in the entry area. The inside was even prettier as the reception had green vines all across the walls and the workers were so sweet and polite.

"Oh my god, this is all so perfect..." Bill said excitedly as we were in the elevator.

"Yes, the hotel is super nice." Georg added. "I can't wait to go to my room and change into my swimwear. I saw the pool on the website and it was looking ravishing."

"Really ?!" I jumped in enthusiasm. "I haven't gone for swim for like... years !"

"You won't be disappointed. It's so cute." Georg smiled at my reaction as I did a little happy dance and they all laughed.

When the elevator door opened, Bill walked out first. "Okay, we have Georg and me in the room F21. Tom and Gustav, here's your room key, F23. Mars, you're in F22." He handed me a small card with my room number on it and I took it. We all walked in the hall, looking for our designated suites. When we finally found them, we parted ways and each one of us went into their room to change and meet up by the pool in half an hour.