35.

Tom's pov

I smoked my cigarette quietly while Bill was talking with our manager. He knew I couldn't care less about the business talk, especially at this hour. It was almost five in the afternoon on a Saturday, a day where we were supposed to just chill and do nothing. But our incompetent new manager found it somehow hard to just keep track of our planned meetings.

That was why we had to have this meeting today. Cause Mr Asshole was too unprofessional to just attend our rendez vous a few days back.

"That's all, Marcus." Bill gathered the documents into a portfolio. "See you on Monday."

The brunette nodded rapidly and stood up from his chair. "Alright guys ! Sorry again for the last meeting, I just-"

"Whatever, man." I cut him off. "You can just leave now."

The manager gazed down in shame and I rolled my eyes, ignoring the dark look Bill sent me.

When Marcus left the studio, Bill groaned. "Can you stop with the attitude ?! He just started working, it's normal to have a few flaws in your professionalism when you're still new to the-"

"Okay, got it." I spat, sitting back on the couch and staring at my phone.

"Tom, he's alright. He just needs to be better at planning shit-"

"I like that you're tolerant and kind, my total opposite. But you got to stop being so accepting of people doing mistakes in our industry cause it's fucking insane how well they're paid and how little their work consists of."

Bill pursed his lips, not knowing what to say. "Any updates on Chrissy ?" My twin asked as he took a seat next to me.

"I don't know, I'm not answering my texts."

"You should, she seemed hurt the other day."

"Bill, I don't want to talk about Chrissy, for fuck's sakes." I roared and he raised his arms in surrender.

"Okay ! God, you don't have to be a dick about it, I was just asking."

"Well, don't." I sighed, my eyes not leaving the screen.

Bill breathed out heavily and left the couch in annoyance.

I was aware of my tone and that I was acting moody, even towards my brother, but I wasn't in the best state right now to be handling shitty conversations like Chrissy and I's situation. I also didn't want to admit that my mind was clouded with no one else but the girl I was once in love with five years ago.

A loud noise snatched me out of my thoughts and I looked up to see who came into the studio. Gustav walked in with a cigarette and a coffee mug and I greeted him with a quick nod.

"Hey, guys !"

"Hi, Gustav." Bill hugged him then sat on a couch. "What's up ?"

"I was bored, so I came to hang out." The drummer shrugged his shoulders, then took a seat next to me. "Soo... What're you going to do for your birthday ? Still no plans."

"I'm planning it considering that Tom is just a lazy piece of shit." My brother answered. "I invited some people but we need a DJ and there's no way I'm calling Alexis."