24.

"What the fuck ?!" I yelled at Tom's face while we were all gathered in the backstage room.

"What ?" He asked, playing dumb.

"Why would you say I was your girlfriend ?! Last time I checked, you're not my fucking boyfriend !" I roared and he threw his head back.

"Oh my god, just drop it !" He groaned. "I know you're not my girlfriend but didn't you see how the interviewer just kept on asking for it ? That's how TV works, they just want concrete answers so they can just blow up on the internet ! It's not my fault."

Bill stepped forward. "Yes, but you know your fans, Tom. They don't even know the truth and they were already sending her messages like that. Imagine how they will be, now that they think you two are together."

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes, lighting up a cigarette. "I don't know how it's any different. Mars is already getting death threats and insults all the time, what were you expecting us to say ?"

"I was going to keep giving vague answers. Cause apparently, when I say she's a friend of ours that we invited on tour, it's not enough." Bill massaged his temples.

"This is fucking stupid." I shook my head in frustration. Gustav sat beside me on the couch, rubbing my shoulder in support.

"I'm sorry, Mars."

"It's okay, Gus. I'll just change my number." I exhaled the smoke slowly, trying to calm my senses down with nicotine.

"What's going to happen now ?" Georg asked.

"Nothing." Tom spat. "This shit is over. Except for the hate Mars is getting online, there's nothing that would bother her. We'll just keep enjoying the tour and nothing else matters."

The room fell into a heavy silence as each one of us returned to their usual tasks. I was about to take my SIM card out when my phone started vibrating. I stared at the screen for a moment before answering.

"Mars ?" Bryce's voice boomed from the other line.

"Hi..." i bit my lip, waiting for whatever he had to say. We had been texting ever since I left with Tokio Hotel but it was more like 'small talk' instead of our usual casual conversations.

"You're dating Tom ?" He asked.

I sighed. "No, I'm not. We just said that to shut the rumours up. Some videos of me during last night's concert went viral and, now, all the fans are asking about me."

"Why did you have to say Tom ?" His tone sounded melancholic.

"What do you mean ?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I mean, why Tom ? Why not Bill or Gustav ?" He kept questioning.

"I don't know. He said it, not me. And why does it matter ? It's fake anyways."

"You know how I feel about him..." Bryce mumbled and I looked down in annoyance.

Bryce had been feeling weird about my relationship with Tom. He was constantly complaining about how the guitarist was always staring at me and I tried reassuring him millions of times that everything between us was totally platonic.

Was it, though ?

"Bryce, there's nothing between me and Tom. I was just vibing during the concert and everyone got curious. We weren't planning on saying anything during the interview but... the man just wouldn't drop it. That's why Tom said that." I tried explaining.

"Whatever..." The man whispered. We stayed silent for a moment before he said. "... I miss you."

I blinked. I really liked Bryce but I was somehow terrified of how fast our relationship was going. We weren't even official and he was already talking to me like we've been together for months.