A Mother's Wish

Far beyond the continents was the island of Zosia's. A peaceful island for adopted children, both humans and mutants, to live in peace and have a happy childhood. And inside the big mansion-like house was a private room, decorated with beautiful plants and flowers. Sleeping on a king size bed, decorated with plants like fauna, was June Darby. Her long hair was down, yet neatly combed as her head rested on the pillow. Even though she was sleeping peacefully, she was having strange flashbacks like dreams. She was reliving her life, but the images were good mixed with the bad. Soon, a loud gunshot came in her dream, causing June to snap awake with a loud gasp.

She sits up from the bed, panting as cold sweat comes down her face. June was trying to catch her breath, after that horrible dream she had been shot and her son...her son turning into a giant wolf. She didn't know HOW he could do that. She raised her son all by herself after her husband died when he was killed in Afghanistan. June hoped that it was a nightmare that she didn't see Jack was actually Wolf Blade and fighting off the Equal Salvation.

However, seeing that she was not in her home, she knew that it really was. June then noticed her attire. She was not wearing her nurse's uniform, instead, she's wearing a light-blue nightgown. She notices that the pain she felt is gone and feels well. Suddenly, she heard the door opening. Looking up, June saw a teenage girl, about closer to Miko's age, has red hair that is tied into a high ponytail, green eyes and tan skin, and is wearing a red tank-top, black leggings and combat boots, and she has a red checkered jacket tied on her waist. She smiles at June kindly as she makes her way towards her. June was nervous to see her as she made her way to her.

"How are you feeling?" The girl suddenly asked kindly.

June was taken back by this, but she responded with a nod. "I-I think so?"

The girl smiles at her kindly. "That's good."

June simply stared at her before looking around. "I'm sorry, but where am I? Who are you?" June asked her, still confused on where she is.

"Oh, right. Sorry, I forgot to mention that part. My name is Adolfina and you're on my home island." Adolfina explains.

"Home island?" June asked again.

Adolfina nodded, "Yup."

"What place or continent are we?" June asked again.

"Yeeeaaahhh...here's the thing, we're not near any continents." Adolfina explained the best way she could.

Before June could ask, someone else came in. Turning towards the door, she saw an African woman coming over to them. June recognizes her, she was the one that came and saved them with those heroes.

"It's you!" June gasped.

The African woman smiles at her gently. "Hello, Mrs. Darby. I am Zosia and we welcome you to our home." She said with a bow.

June was shocked to hear Zosia's voice, it was filled with kindness. She never expected that to happen. "O-Oh...just June."

Zosia stood and smiled at her. "Of course."

June smiles softly, though her mind was filled with questions. "I'm sorry to ask, but where exactly am I or what am I doing here?"

Zosia looks at her sadly as she gestures to Adolfina to leave. "Adolfina, I need to speak with our guest in private, please."

Adolfina nodded. "Sure thing, mom."

With that, Adolfina leaves the room as she shuts the door behind her. June was surprised to hear that from Adolfina. Zosia is Adolfina's mother? But they don't look anything alike. As if she could read her mind, Zosia looked at June kindly as she spoke.